Quit asking if Ricardo Montalban's chest is fake

The Original Series
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Quit asking if Ricardo Montalban's chest is fake

Post by Nutso »

https://eu.usatoday.com/story/life/movi ... 603958001/
Wrath of Khan director Nicholas Meyer is tired of insisting: That chest was all Montalbán.

"I have been asked this question 23,472 times," Meyer tells USA TODAY. "I stopped answering it at 71.

Meyer was blown away when he met his star in person before filming and might have been the first to ask this undying question. "I noticed it the first time, even I said, 'Is that really your chest?' "

Now we're talking.

He says he didn't inquire how Montalbán worked himself into that shape. He knew that the star was focused on his fitness long before it was all the rage for actors.

"I never asked," Meyer says. "I just copped a feel."

OK, that just got weird.
"Bible, Wrath of Khan, what's the difference?"
Stan - South Park
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Re: Quit asking if Ricardo Montalban's chest is fake

Post by McAvoy »

You would think by now anyone who would care about his chest would know by now.
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Graham Kennedy »

Yeah, for a second there I thought I'd fell through a hole in time and come out around 1983 when people would care.
Give a man a fire, and you keep him warm for a day. SET a man on fire, and you will keep him warm for the rest of his life...
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

Graham Kennedy wrote:Yeah, for a second there I thought I'd fell through a hole in time and come out around 1983 when people would care.
Willing to bet by now it's just a standard question that is asked when it comes to Wrath of Khan.
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"