Phaser Cannon test

Showcase your own starship and weapon designs or other creative artwork
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Phaser Cannon test

Post by Graham Kennedy »

I've been playing around with a reimagining of some Trek concepts and designs. Some similar to stuff I've posted here, putting phasers in turrets on the hull and such. As long time viewers will know, I've always struggled with making phaser beams anything like realistic! But with the help of a tutorial I found on youtube and a little assistance from the guy who made it, I have a decent stab at it here!

And now fire phaser cannon!!!!!

And in video form!!!

Give a man a fire, and you keep him warm for a day. SET a man on fire, and you will keep him warm for the rest of his life...
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Re: Phaser Cannon test

Post by Mikey »

Nicely done. this, though:
Graham Kennedy wrote:making phaser beams anything like realistic!
:laughroll:
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Graham Kennedy »

Surely you don't mean to suggest that Star Trek isn't real?!?!?! :)
Give a man a fire, and you keep him warm for a day. SET a man on fire, and you will keep him warm for the rest of his life...
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Graham Kennedy »

Why fire one cannon when you can fire six...

Bryan Moore
Captain
Captain

Post by Bryan Moore »

It looks cool, but completely out of place for our usual Star Trek universe. I don't necessarily dislike the concept, but they seem so incongruous on a Connie-erra ship, IMHO. Still, the concept is cool and I love the rendering!
Don't you hear my call, though you're many years away, don't you hear me calling you?
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Graham Kennedy »

Bryan Moore wrote:It looks cool, but completely out of place for our usual Star Trek universe. I don't necessarily dislike the concept, but they seem so incongruous on a Connie-erra ship, IMHO. Still, the concept is cool and I love the rendering!
Oh, I wouldn't suggest this as a real TOS ship by any means. It's just a flight of fancy, really.

I could see the mirror universe version of the Connie looking like this, though.
Bryan Moore
Captain
Captain

Post by Bryan Moore »

Graham Kennedy wrote: I could see the mirror universe version of the Connie looking like this, though.
THIS would be cool. I suppose that is one budget limitation with all of the Alternate Universe episodes - no chance to make those ships true war ships!
Don't you hear my call, though you're many years away, don't you hear me calling you?
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Graham Kennedy »

One of my favourite takes on the mirror universe is the novel Dark Mirror by Diane Duane. The descriptions of the mirror E-D are pretty cool - the exterior isn't that different, but personal quarters are smaller, recreation facilities are smaller, science facilities are smaller... and all of that space is filled with dozens of different types of weapons.

"The ship's bridge was at best a parody of his own. He walked quietly past the bank after bank of weaponry control and status readouts. The controls for photon torpedoes, and the master status boards for the phaser banks, he understood. There were other panels new to him, giving status in numbers of 'disassociation packages,' 'sterilizers,' 'nova devices.'"

"What on earth, he thought, are those great empty bays down in engineering? And what's happened to all the personnel quarters in the primary hull? There were large spaces showing down there, areas that were formerly subdivided into family quarters, entertainment areas, gyms, libraries: even the arboretum was gone. He leaned in closely enough to pretend to be wiping at a smudge on one of the viewing panels and saw several of those large areas labeled Primary, Secondary, Tertiary Disassociator Storage; Mass Weapons Transporter One, Two; Razor Field Generation; Terraforming Equipment: Atomics. Atomics in several different flavors..."

I'd have looooved to see that novel turned into a movie. It's sooo much better than what DS9 did with the Mirror Universe.