Celestial Class

Showcase your own starship and weapon designs or other creative artwork
Jim
Captain
Captain

Post by Jim »

Talk about long skinny pylons...
Ugh... do not thump the Book of G'Quan...
Grundig
Commander
Commander

Post by Grundig »

That is some great work, to say the least. I for one find myself growing tired of the endless variations on the theme of "saucer-cylinder-2 nacelles" shape. It's not that I don't love the designs already out there (and this isn't a personal attack on you DarkOmen) I'm just craving something groundbreaking, new and exciting, etc. You know?

Really though, this rendering of yours is something else.
DarkOmen
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by DarkOmen »

well, someone put a comment on my deviantART account that that wanted to see a USS Relativity era (aka 29th century) Enterprise, which i figured would be the Enterprise NCC-1701-T lol

I tried making some renderings that were just so completely off of the normal design pattern that, to me, they just didn't look like Trek anymore, it was just a ship. I may try again, and if anyone has any ideas/suggestions, let me know. I still plan on doing the Defiant battle wing picture soon too ;)
Blackstar the Chakat
Banned

Post by Blackstar the Chakat »

well the QV seems too fast and would overshoot any vessel going slower, from what I understand. It must go slower in dense areas and for chasing slower ships, right?
DarkOmen
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by DarkOmen »

Yeah, that's like what we were talking about earlier in the thread, that it could go fractions of QV1 for a lower "warp" speed.
Blackstar the Chakat
Banned

Post by Blackstar the Chakat »

DarkOmen wrote:Yeah, that's like what we were talking about earlier in the thread, that it could go fractions of QV1 for a lower "warp" speed.
Ya, I noticed that after I posted. I didn't look at the dates and only viewed the first page so...
DarkOmen
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by DarkOmen »

:wink:
Jordanis
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Jordanis »

DarkOmen wrote:well, someone put a comment on my deviantART account that that wanted to see a USS Relativity era (aka 29th century) Enterprise, which i figured would be the Enterprise NCC-1701-T lol

I tried making some renderings that were just so completely off of the normal design pattern that, to me, they just didn't look like Trek anymore, it was just a ship. I may try again, and if anyone has any ideas/suggestions, let me know. I still plan on doing the Defiant battle wing picture soon too ;)
That's because the Relativity doesn't look like a Federation design. It's really too far out to hold enough design commonality to be worth bothering with, I think.
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Captain Seafort »

Jordanis wrote:That's because the Relativity doesn't look like a Federation design. It's really too far out to hold enough design commonality to be worth bothering with, I think.
It certainly isn't a typical Fed design, but it does share traits some other designs, notably the Defiant. Indeed, the ship is probably best described as a cross between the Defiant and a Voth city ship.
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
Jordanis
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Jordanis »

Captain Seafort wrote:
Jordanis wrote:That's because the Relativity doesn't look like a Federation design. It's really too far out to hold enough design commonality to be worth bothering with, I think.
It certainly isn't a typical Fed design, but it does share traits some other designs, notably the Defiant. Indeed, the ship is probably best described as a cross between the Defiant and a Voth city ship.
A good description. I did notice the very faint bits of Defiant in the way the nacelles worked, but then, you'd hardly know the Defiant was a federation ship except for the color scheme (white with glowing red and Cherenkov blue) and the bridge shape.

Edit: ding Lt JG
Captain Picard's Hair
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Captain Picard's Hair »

You can only do so many variations on the Matt Jeffries "saucer and nacelles" idea, anyway, before it gets hard to keep it interesting. Granted that all cars have about the same shape, but some are clearly better looking than others (the Sov's Porsche to the GCS minivan :wink: ), but there are technical reasons that cars look alike. We've seen a fair number of different shapes for ships in Trek (with some commonalities, such as most having the same type of propulsion), so seeing something different than the typical NCC-1701 configuration is in some sense more interesting. Hell, even the canon Fed designs have started to move in directions other than the original Enterprise layout.
"If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wonderous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross... but it's not for the timid." Q, Q Who
DarkOmen
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by DarkOmen »

Yup, however, like i showed in my Across the Ages piece with all the Enterprise schematics (with my non canon) designs, from NX to J the basic design stayed the same... over 400+ years. So canonically, we have seen that federation design on a basic level changes very little.
Meste17
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Re: Strength of the new Enterprise J and the Celestial Class

Post by Meste17 »

DarkOmen wrote:
GrahamKennedy wrote:VERY nice!
Thank you!!
Bryan Moore wrote:Interesting. When do we get the rundown of all this whacky "new" technology?
Well let's see, i was pretty much just making up names, but i'll do my best...

Antipolaron beam: A very rare subatomic particle, that only the federation has been able to produce in quantities. There is no effective defense in existance.

Quantum Singularity Torpedo: Torpedo with a gravametric spatial warhead. Upon reaching a preset proximity of target, the warhead generates a gravametric distortion, and creates a quantum singularity. The intense gravity tears the targets hull apart. The singularity evaporates after approximately 3 seconds.

Biphaisic Pulse Cannon: A cannon similar in style to the pulse phaser cannons of old, pulses rather than a beam. They force a small impact area to go into two phases of destructive interference.

Chronophaisic shielding: Upon impact, these shields spread damage out over not only the physical area of the shield but across time, and across several phases, significantly reducing the load on the shield.

Yterium: Modern crystalline metal developed by Starfleet Quantum Mechanics department. Element no. 174.

Tribaltic armor: increcibly dense Boson condensate, and incredibly resilient to change in state, a single cm of the armor will dissapate the energy of an attack across the entire hull.

Polaric bond Enhancer: Essential a Ultra Ultra Ultra SIF, that works on a much much finer level, increasing the bond between the subatomic particles that make up atoms.

Chronographic Projector: Has to be used with known spatial and temporal coordinates (I.E. you cant go places you havent gone before with normal modes of travel). Uses a chronographic displacer to project the ship to a series of spatial coordinates, in 0.001 seconds.

Quantum Drive: Run of the mill quantum slip stream drive, to allow the ship to go into areas not yet explored. QV stands for Quantum Velocity, QV 1 is equal to warp 9.9999 and QV 5 is 9.99999 and QV 10 again the fastest you can travel

i guess that does it.... someone pick it apart and tell me what i did wrong.
Deepcrush wrote:I still hate this ship. Not you darkomen or your design just the E-J its self. So so so so ugly!
Eh... i know its not everyones favorite, but hey... it's cool.
Jim wrote:The shape of the saucer seems to contradict the streamlining trend of ST ships. The saucer is very wide, wouldn't that effect the warp bubble shape too much?
Well, this is the year 2553 and it does use a different propulsion system.

But blame the creators for any inconsitancies lol :P
Mikey wrote:I for one appreciate the fact that you took some of the uncertainty from the canon view we had to make it slightly less pizza-cutter-ish.
THank you... unfortunatley, i think i may be wrong... i really think what the creators were going for was a massive ship, probably 1500+ m and only 3 or 4 decks tall on the saucer... in the pic in the Ships of the Line calender, the saucer really looks paper thin.

Well, I do not have anything specific to nitpick about, but I DO have a few questions in relevance to these types of tech then:

1. The Antipolaron beams and the Biphaisic Pulse Cannon: How many terawatts of firepower do you think they would give out?

2. What do you think are the strengths of the Quantum Singularity Torpedo and the Chronophaisic shielding? Cuz the torpedoes and their strengths are rated as this:
Torpedo/Relative strength
Romulan Plasma : 5,000
Cardassian Quantum: 843.75
Federation Quantum: 675
Klingon Photon: 400
Cardassian Photon: 312.5
Romulan Photon: 312.5
Dominion Photon: 288
Federation Photon: 250
Vulcan Photon: 150
Romulan Nuclear: 75
Human Nuclear: 43.75
Human Photonic : 12.5
Klingon Micro-photon: 8
Romulan Micro-photon: 6.25
Federation Micro-photon: 5

3. Yterium: How strong do you think this new material is? The following materials are rated in this fashion:
Monotanium (TOS era Federation hull materials): 0.625 points.
Duranium (TMP era Federation hull materials): 1.25 points,
Duranium/Tritanium (TNG era Federation hull materials): 6.25 points.
Kelindide (Cardassian hull materials): 3.75 points.
Variethiel (Dominion hull materials): 6.875 points.
Bioarmour (8472 and Borg hull materials): 18.75 points

Also, do you think the Enterprise-J has Yiterium double hull strength? It looks to me like a single hull (due to how it looks right now)

4. With a single cm of the Tribaltic armor dissapating the energy of an attack across the entire hull, how much do you think it will have? Cuz I worked out this system:
1 cm polarized armour (armour the NX-01 uses): 25 points
1 cm enhanced polarized armour (armour the NX-01 also uses): 40 points
1 cm anti phaser coating: 60 points
1 cm High Density armour (the stuff that TNG era ships like the Enterprise-D use): 100 points
1 cm Ablative armour (the stuff that TNG movie era ships like the Enterprise-E and the Defiant use): 150 points
1 cm dispersive armour (the armour that ENT era Klingon ships used): 50 points

5. The Polaric bond Enhancer is, as you said, Essentially a Ultra Ultra Ultra SIF, that works on a much much finer level, increasing the bond between the subatomic particles that make up atoms. But with that in mind, how much do you think it would be? Cuz according to the starship strength calculator, if you made it a low level structural field, you cut the hull strength in half, if you put it as a High field, you double it.
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Re: Celestial Class

Post by McAvoy »

Holy necro Batman!
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Re: Celestial Class

Post by Teaos »

This is how the Zombie apocalypse starts.
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.