"Remake The Princess Bride? Inconceivable!"

From 2001 to Invasion of the Body Snatchers
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

"Remake The Princess Bride? Inconceivable!"

Post by Nutso »

https://www.bbc.com/news/newsbeat-49755700
Another week, another set of divided opinions online about, well, almost everything.

But this week one thing seemed to unite most people - if Twitter is anything to go by, at least.

Remaking the classic 1987 film The Princess Bride is a bad idea. An even worse idea, in fact, than getting involved in a land war in Asia.

The debate was started by an interview by Variety with Norman Lear, the film's producer.

He said "very famous people, whose names I won't use, but they want to redo The Princess Bride."

And in a world where politics seems to divide people - this united them.
Based on this excerpt:
https://variety.com/2019/tv/features/no ... 203337598/
Yet Lear doesn’t dwell in the past. “Each of us is on to the next,” he says, and the success of “One Day at a Time” and “Live in Front of a Studio Audience” has accelerated interest in more of his library. For one, Lear hints that a new version of “Maude” could be in the works.

“We have so many people coming to us saying, ‘We want to remake this show or that show,’” Vinciquerra says. “Very famous people whose names I won’t use, but they want to redo ‘The Princess Bride.’ Some people want to do animated versions of some of the sitcoms. Not a month goes by when we don’t have an idea coming from some very big name wanting to do things with Norman.”
"Bible, Wrath of Khan, what's the difference?"
Stan - South Park
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Re: "Remake The Princess Bride? Inconceivable!"

Post by Nutso »

"Bible, Wrath of Khan, what's the difference?"
Stan - South Park
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

Yeah dont remake it. 100% chance it will not be good. Just like all of the modern day reboots not named Spider Man.
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Graham Kennedy »

Some films just don't need to be remade, rebooted, or anything else. It's a perfect film. Leave it alone.
Give a man a fire, and you keep him warm for a day. SET a man on fire, and you will keep him warm for the rest of his life...
AlexMcpherson79
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by AlexMcpherson79 »

for once the word fits. I cannot concieve of what a properly done reboot or remake would look like. because I dont think hollywood can do a properly done reboot or remake.
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award, Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Post by RK_Striker_JK_5 »

There is no direction to go from A Princess Bride than down. It is one of the best damned movies I've ever seen.