"Bible, Wrath of Khan, what's the difference?"
Stan - South Park
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Re: USS Stargazer Retrospective

Post by McAvoy »

Great kitbash.

Though what was the point of the shorter nacelles? Outside the Akira class it had a bow mounted hangar bay.

Also had dual impulse engines too.
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"
Atekimogus
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Re: USS Stargazer Retrospective

Post by Atekimogus »

Never really cared much for it but recently I have to say it became one of my favourite ship classes....and maybe the best kitbash there is.

It just looks great from almost every angle, it makes sense from a design point of view (moreso than the Constitution class, since it is not so unbalanced) and would make a great "hero"-ship imho. And dispite being cleary a TMP era kitbash...it does - imho - not look out of place in the TNG era and could have easily passed for a younger generation ship.

Shame we never got an updated TNG stype version of the class...the Cheyenne doesn't look nearly as neat as the Constellation. Again....long range deep exploration vessel, with lots of hangar space and whatnot......it would make a great "backbone of the fleet" type hero-ship you could center a series around.
I'm Commander Shepard and this is my favorite store on the Citadel.