favourite music

A place to hang out and chat about whatever
shran
Commander
Commander

favourite music

Post by shran »

Personally, I would like to know what sort of music you like.

In my case, that would be all music from Hildegard von Bingen until sacre du printemps (pretty much all of the 'old' classical music) and modern classical music (the sort of music of which you think your cat is playing the piano). And to add a little bit of variation to the mix, classical oriented metal.

favourite wordks: Schubertm his lieder, most choir works, especially the misere, from Gregorio Allegri and for operas, my favourite would be Wagner, der ring des nibelungen. Favourite orchestra work: Gustav Holst, the planets.
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Captain Seafort »

The only band I really like are The Beatles, but there's individual songs from elsewhere that I like.
Varthikes
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Varthikes »

I prefer New Age stuff.

Yanni, Enigma, Sarah Brightman, Vangelis, etc...

Right now, I'm listening to Lesiem. :)
"What has been done has been done and cannot be undone."--Ruth, All the Weyrs of Pern
"Dragons can't change who they are, and who would want them to? Dragons are powerful, amazing creatures."--Hiccup, Dragons: Riders of Berk
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

I don't really have any favourite music, I'm more of a peace and qiute kind of guy.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
DBS
Lieutenant jg
Lieutenant jg

Re: favourite music

Post by DBS »

shran wrote:Personally, I would like to know what sort of music you like.

In my case, that would be all music from Hildegard von Bingen until sacre du printemps (pretty much all of the 'old' classical music) and modern classical music (the sort of music of which you think your cat is playing the piano). And to add a little bit of variation to the mix, classical oriented metal.

favourite wordks: Schubertm his lieder, most choir works, especially the misere, from Gregorio Allegri and for operas, my favourite would be Wagner, der ring des nibelungen. Favourite orchestra work: Gustav Holst, the planets.
Cool!
Yanni, Enigma, Sarah Brightman, Vangelis, etc...
Well, speaking of Enigma, I like Elgar, Shostakovich, Mahler, Brahms, Bach, etc.
"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

Jean-Luc Picard, quoting judge Aaron Satie
The Wormhole
Ensign
Ensign

Post by The Wormhole »

Honestly, I just listen to whatever's on the radio.
Putting the manatee back in humanity.
Space Ghost
Master chief petty officer

Post by Space Ghost »

I enjoy classic rock. My favorite artist is Bruce Springsteen, but other favorites include the Beatles, Bob Seger, Led Zeppelin, and The Who.
"Are you considering the strategy I'm considering?"
"The cliché is 'Are you thinking what I'm thinking?' And yes, I am."
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Teaos »

Well I like more modern stuff. GCH MCR P! FOB that sort of stuff.
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
Bryan Moore
Captain
Captain

Post by Bryan Moore »

Neil Young, The Rolling Stones, Jimmy Buffett, Black Sabbath, Queen, Oasis, Killing Joke, The Talking Heads, R.E.M., KISS would be my top 10 I'd say.
Don't you hear my call, though you're many years away, don't you hear me calling you?
MetalHead
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by MetalHead »

complete metal fanatic, like the name says :-D

But metal is diverse, so I'll tell you some of my more enjoyed sub genres:

Melodic Death Metal
Power Metal
Speed Metal
Progressive Metal
Nu Metal

haha.

Otherwise, some more generic Hard Rock

The only other stuff I'm into is really good trance, which is exceptionally hard to define. Beyond that theres classical music

I like Immediate Music, and epic stuff like that, the kinda thing you'd hear from films, or even some true classics although I havn't a clue what their names are :-D

I can't stand popular music, the accliamed 'indie' and 'emo' genres drive me nuts, and don't even get me started on RAP (Retards Attempting Poetry) and R/B (Rubbish and Boring).
"Beware what you intend to say, those words will always make you pay." - Soilwork

Booze and Strippers!
Dean Martlou

Post by Dean Martlou »

Captain Seafort wrote:The only band I really like are The Beatles, but there's individual songs from elsewhere that I like.
agreed, only:

Nirvana, The Moody Blues, Petra, CCR.
Oops.

I shouldn't have told you that last part.
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award, Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Post by RK_Striker_JK_5 »

I like pretty much all genres, but it's down to individual bands/singers that I like/dislike.