Winter Weather

In the real world
Monroe
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Winter Weather

Post by Monroe »

Seriously what's with the weather this winter for many places in the US. This is today's and tomorrow's weather for my neck of the woods:

Showers/ Wind Early Partly Cloudy
High: 71°
Low: 29°

Tomorrow:

Snow Showers/ Wind
High: 27°
Low: 4°

Seriously?! What the hell?! Ugh!!! Then we're suppose to have an ice storm next week. Weather this winter has just been horrible.
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

Current Houston, TX weather:

20% chance of precipitation

69 °F / 21 °C
Overcast
Humidity: 75%

Hasn't been normal here at all. Way warmer winter, way cooler summer, and a near-record amount of rain in 2007.
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
Blackstar the Chakat
Banned

Re: Winter Weather

Post by Blackstar the Chakat »

Monroe wrote:Seriously what's with the weather this winter for many places in the US. This is today's and tomorrow's weather for my neck of the woods:

Showers/ Wind Early Partly Cloudy
High: 71°
Low: 29°

Tomorrow:

Snow Showers/ Wind
High: 27°
Low: 4°

Seriously?! What the hell?! Ugh!!! Then we're suppose to have an ice storm next week. Weather this winter has just been horrible.
Sounds perfectly normal to me.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

High 46, low 30 today. Typical, maybe a little on the warm side, for a New Jersey January. It should be colder, but being as close to the ocean as I am mitigates the winter weather compared to the inland Northeast corridor.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
mwhittington
Commander
Commander

Post by mwhittington »

Sounds like my weather here in Paradise, CA, Mikey. High of 44, low of 34, 20% chance of snow showers. By the way, Tsukiyumi, I used to live in Texas City, TX, when I was younger, and went to Houston and Galveston all the time with my mom and dad. The town motto should be, "What's that smell?" The only time it snowed in Texas City that I can remember, it was dingy gray! EWWW!!
"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -Benjamin Franklin-
Monroe
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Monroe »

Okay I guess I'm the only one experience abormally cold weather and crazy amounts of snow fall. We normally get 2-3 snowfalls during winter, its our dry season. We've had like 10 so far.
Blackstar the Chakat
Banned

Monroe wrote:Okay I guess I'm the only one experience abormally cold weather and crazy amounts of snow fall. We normally get 2-3 snowfalls during winter, its our dry season. We've had like 10 so far.
I know, we're having similar weather over here. Some years we hardly get any snowfall except maybe a huge storm or two, other years we get hit by a ton of small storms. I always thought that was perfectly normal.
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

Mwahahahahahahhahaha. Summer down here.
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
Monroe
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Monroe »

We've just been getting hammered by large storms. Several times a week here. Next 3 days its suppose to snow, thankfully most of it melted today when it hit but tomorrow.. *sigh*

Can't wait until Spring. You know, the week we get before it turns into summer :P
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

It's just been mighty cold in the South of the UK. I can't understand the temperatures you post because you do it metric. I only know Imperial. We havn't been told how to convert.
Blackstar the Chakat
Banned

great. Today we have a high of 45F and an expected low of -2F with white out conditions expected with high winds. that's 7.2C to -18.8C for you Europeans.
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

ouch! that is damned cold!
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

The status of Dublin:

Temp: 5C
Feels like: 1C
Slightly rainy
Sky covered by clouds
Windy
Frost forcast for tonight

I hate the weather over here. :(
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

6 degres C
Wind chill making it 3 degrees cooler
Cloudy, Slight rain.
Dark.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

Well, I guess I feel for you, but not THAT much. :P

My proximity to the ocean may mitigate the emperature somewhat, as I've mentioned, but the average wind chill by me (on a relatively calm day!) is 8 to 15 degrees F less than the actual temperature.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer