What's the latest in people's lives?

A place to hang out and chat about whatever
Angharrad
Captain
Captain
Location: In the big chair, finally, swinging my feet 'cause I'm short. Lower the chair Scotty DAMMIT

Re: What's the latest in people's lives?

Post by Angharrad »

Mikey wrote:I guess another 144,000 years.

Well, the rumors of my demise have been greatly exaggerated. Sorry it's been so long, but I'm still dealing with a cubic Imperial ass-load of crap. Storm recovery is still an ongoing project: I got luckier than many folks in my area, with only about $16,000 or so in property damage, but it's still a dance between contractors, estimates, and the insurance company. I'm also still dealing with insurance and training issues with my new insulin pump, continuous glucose monitor, associates supplies, and medical practices. Of course, there's this holiday imminent as well. So, I probably won't be on much (or at all) until after the holiday season, but let me leave you all with this - in a break with tradition, I am changing my annual holiday music post. While I will still always love "Fairy Tale of New York," I think this one speaks to everyone - we don't all celebrate Xmas, but we do all have families. :)

Dropkick Murphys - "The Season's upon Us"
I met one of the Dropkick Murphys at a fund raiser. I was sitting next to the woman who organized it so he gave me a hug. After giving me hell for wearing a Baltimore Ravens shirt. :lol: 8)
“You cannot play God then wash your hands of the things that you've created. Sooner or later, the day comes when you can't hide from the things that you've done anymore.”

And then Buffy staked Edward. The End.

From Slave to Princess
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award, Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Post by RK_Striker_JK_5 »

Finally... it is OVER! At least for this year.
Angharrad
Captain
Captain
Location: In the big chair, finally, swinging my feet 'cause I'm short. Lower the chair Scotty DAMMIT

Post by Angharrad »

No snow here. :(
“You cannot play God then wash your hands of the things that you've created. Sooner or later, the day comes when you can't hide from the things that you've done anymore.”

From Slave to Princess
stitch626
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by stitch626 »

Angharrad wrote:No snow here. :(
Yet.
No trees were killed in transmission of this message. However, some electrons were mildly inconvenienced.
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

A dusting here in NH, but that was about it.
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

And... got about two feet of snow. More than makes up for last year!
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

My bike decided to pack up last night on the way home from work; its only a clutch cable that's snapped but it was impossible to drive through a built up urban area due to traffic lights. Waited nearly 5 hours for a bloody recovery vehicle and the problem still isn't fixed; he basically said there's nothing he can do without the correct cable so he just dumped me off at home.

Bloody thing has been nothing but trouble.
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

Scored three free tickets and a parking pass to today's Giants-Eagles game. It was great that the Giants dominated the game, though sucks that the Lions suck since they needed to win for the Giants to get into the playoffs.
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"
Sonic Glitch
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Location: Any ol' place here on Earth or in space. You pick the century and I'll pick the spot

Post by Sonic Glitch »

My girlfriend and I went to see Les Miserable to day. Fantastic. ... and now I have the urge to watch "For the Uniform."
"All this has happened before --"
"But it doesn't have to happen again. Not if we make up our minds to change. Take a different path. Right here, right now."
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Gee, I wonder why. ;)

I have a single resolution for the new year, to keep on trucking, metaphorically speaking.
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

My resolution is to quit smoking. Before anyone says anything, it's just something I decided to do. After the New Years Party tonight, I will quit. I am doing that so, I do not have the nicotine fits during a party. Just a date I decided to do it on.
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"
Angharrad
Captain
Captain

Post by Angharrad »

My thought on resolutions is Pfffft. If someone notices in themselves something that is a personality flaw, or something they would like to change (like quitting smoking), they should do it, not wait for "New Year's" to make a resolution. Of course I have so many bad habits, one day wouldn't cover them.

From Slave to Princess
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

It's not really a resolution, just a date I picked. Last thing I wanted to do was quit smoking in the middle of the holidays and the holiday parties.
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Got let out early last night, which was rather nice. :)
Captain Picard's Hair
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Captain Picard's Hair »

Angharrad wrote:My thought on resolutions is Pfffft. If someone notices in themselves something that is a personality flaw, or something they would like to change (like quitting smoking), they should do it, not wait for "New Year's" to make a resolution. Of course I have so many bad habits, one day wouldn't cover them.
That's a good point, but on the other hand it can be good for some to have a time laid out to focus on needed changes lest no attempts are ever made! How many people might never try to (e.g.) quit smoking if there weren't this time set aside to start anew.
"If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wonderous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross... but it's not for the timid." Q, Q Who