An android
No votes

Total votes: 7
Granitehewer
Captain
Captain

Yautja

Post by Granitehewer »

Anyone here,fancy discussing the 'Yautja' aka 'Predators', colonial marines,weyland corp and 'Xenomorphs' aka 'Aliens', we can reference the novels,movies,games etc.......
PTLLS (Tees Achieve), DipHE App Bio (Northumbria), BSc Psychology (Teesside), Comparative Planetology (LJMU), High Energy Astrophysics (LJMU), Mobile Robotics/Physics (Swinburne), Genetics (SAC), Quant Meths (SAC)
https://www.facebook.com/PeterBrayshay
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

I've read almost every novel for these and I love it. I picked the Yautja elder. The preds are an awsome race and when I was younger I couldnt' get over how cool they looked!
Jinsei wa cho no yume, shi no tsubasa no bitodesu
Granitehewer
Captain
Captain

Post by Granitehewer »

i used to read the old darkhorse comics too, only just started to reread the perry novels, predators inspired me to buy dark eldar incubi and striking scorpions and a ton of epoxy putty lol
PTLLS (Tees Achieve), DipHE App Bio (Northumbria), BSc Psychology (Teesside), Comparative Planetology (LJMU), High Energy Astrophysics (LJMU), Mobile Robotics/Physics (Swinburne), Genetics (SAC), Quant Meths (SAC)
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Are we discussing anything in particular about them?

There's a great site called the Anchorpoint Essays that has a great tonne of info on the Xenomorphs.
The Anchorpoint Essays
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Granitehewer
Captain
Captain

Post by Granitehewer »

thought we could just make it,a shrine to them,so all things
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Ah, okay then.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

Granitehewer wrote:thought we could just make it,a shrine to them,so all things
UH, are you ok?
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

Now I remember what I was going to write.

I for one prefer the Novel versions of Predators. I love that one youth could jump into a mass of aliens and kill a dozen or more before they die. Don't get me wrong, I liked the movie ones too. I however didn't like the comic book ones. The comics were way to bias to the colonial marines.
Granitehewer
Captain
Captain

Post by Granitehewer »

I used to have a graphic novel(''eternity''),concerning this rich industrialist who was living for centuries,powered on the essence distilled from a yautjas' heart, now that did portray the humans as sillily good at points, turning some in veritable janeways
Last edited by Granitehewer on Tue Mar 04, 2008 6:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

The movies and novels give a much better view of the Predators then the comics. That and its funny to watch how the Preds view humans. They see us as a "Small but skilled prey". Though I think that comes from their population. Since there are single clans that populate whole worlds it wouldn't shock me to think of them reaching the trillion mark.
Granitehewer
Captain
Captain

Post by Granitehewer »

is it just me or are the hirogen, blatently ripped off from the yautja, just like the kraavak from 'ground zero games'..........?
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

Well they are a mock up of but by no means a rip off. The Hirogen are a diaper stain next to the overall coolness of the Yautja.

7-9 said it best. "Its only your size that makes you a danger." Or something along that line. The Preds fight everything no matter how powerful it is where the Hirogen take pride in beating weaker beings.