Can you believe this?

In the real world
Varthikes
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Can you believe this?

Post by Varthikes »

I just read this and it just made me sick at how cruel some people could be. :shock: :evil:
"What has been done has been done and cannot be undone."--Ruth, All the Weyrs of Pern
"Dragons can't change who they are, and who would want them to? Dragons are powerful, amazing creatures."--Hiccup, Dragons: Riders of Berk
Tiberius
Lieutenant jg
Lieutenant jg

Post by Tiberius »

That makes me so mad! I love cats! How can anyone be so cruel?
Go and read my fan fic "The Hansen Diaries"! And leave comments!
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Cats? :?
All I'm getting is "Huge Steam Pipe Blast Kills One in NYC."
What happened with the cats?
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Tiberius
Lieutenant jg
Lieutenant jg

Post by Tiberius »

Try the link again, I got the general news thing at first.

The cat was in a cat cage, and some girls poured petrol on it and set it on fire and laughed as it was screaming.
Article wrote:COTATI, Calif. - A 3-month-old cat is clinging to life at a Sonoma County animal hospital after having been set on fire by two teenage girls who now face charges of animal cruelty.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

:evil: :evil: :evil:
WHAT THE HELL?
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Graham Kennedy »

Have to say, my gut instinct is that in a fair world, the same would be done to the two girls. :evil:
Give a man a fire, and you keep him warm for a day. SET a man on fire, and you will keep him warm for the rest of his life...
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

How the hell do people think crap like this is funny. :evil:
Sometimes I think the death penalty isn't a half bad idea. :evil:
Crushproof
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Crushproof »

Normally it is wrong to hit girls. Nothing wrong with projectiles though.
"It is the way of all Empires, old Comrade, to fall prey to the next" ~Mirror Chekov
Varthikes
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Varthikes »

Crushproof wrote:Normally it is wrong to hit girls. Nothing wrong with projectiles though.
Equal rights works two ways, in my opinion. If they deserve it, give it to them. After what they did, they deserve the full load.
"What has been done has been done and cannot be undone."--Ruth, All the Weyrs of Pern
"Dragons can't change who they are, and who would want them to? Dragons are powerful, amazing creatures."--Hiccup, Dragons: Riders of Berk
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Indeed. I have no mercy for these two, they deserve what they get.
I Am Spartacus
Lieutenant jg
Lieutenant jg

Post by I Am Spartacus »

It's supposed to be teenage boys that commit these kinds of crimes! You know what they say, young people that abuse animals like that are far likelier to grow up to become murderers and robbers et al.

And by they, I mean a couple of articles on CNN.com I might have read a couple of years ago but can't be arsed to look for.
Tiberius
Lieutenant jg
Lieutenant jg

Post by Tiberius »

A while back here in Sydney Australia some boys were beating up a kitten at a train station. The kitten survived, if I recall, and the whole community was absolutely outraged at those boys. Hate to see what would happen to them if they let slip what they did.

But shocking that this sort of thing isn't just an isolated thing.
DBS
Lieutenant jg
Lieutenant jg

Post by DBS »

Rochey wrote:Indeed. I have no mercy for these two, they deserve what they get.
Yes, two people who sorely need the book thrown at them. But then again (and this is towards earlier comments), if it is so wrong to do that to animals, it is just as wrong to do that to humans, guilty of it or not. We need to show that cruelty is not okay by not being that way to our own species!

But these two should definitely be punished to the full extent of the law, if they are guilty.
"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

Jean-Luc Picard, quoting judge Aaron Satie
Varthikes
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Varthikes »

How can they not be guilty?
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

I generally like "An eye for an eye"
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.