New RPG discussion.

Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

What are you afraid of, Rochey?

"Live fast, die young, leave a good-looking corpse."
You make sense there.
In that case; all ahead full and damn the torpedoes!

I'm thinking that the free-lance ship idea would be quite interesting for us to do. At least that way, if the Commander's an asshole, you can just beat the crap out of him. :)
It would certainly give us some interesting options with regards to our characters. I'm already toying with the idea of an ex-military officer, who's gone merc for whatever reasons.

So, who have we got on board for this?
There's;
Blackstar, using hir old character.
Me, using a new character (and there was much rejoicing).
Mikey (?), using either a new or old character (maybe W'trisk can team up with Blackstar?).
Jordanis, new character.
Reliant, either new or old character (maybe Talora can follow Blackstar's departure from the Daystrom?).
Maybe Minnsky, using new character.

Blackstar is obviously going to be captain, so we'll need to work out who's doing what.

For the record, I'm happy with the positions of XO (don't worry, my new character isn't such an asshole), Tactical, or Security.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

I think W'trisk is too much of a military man, by personal nature and by racial disposition, to head for that kind of life.

Maybe Grr'lek, although he's got no reason to leave. Perhaps "Gunny" Sharkey is getting close to Starfleet's mandatory retirement age, although he's got a lot left in the tank...
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

Quite happy to use my current character...And seeming as no one has claimed the Medical side of things, I'll take that post! Although i don't really mind what i do.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Well, I can imagine the initial crew of the ship would simply have consisted of you and Blackstar, with various mercs and rogues joining up in small groups or on their own. Given that you have medical experience, and Blackstar trusts you quite a bit, I can see you taking the post of Chief Medical Officer unless someone more experienced joined up.

Of course, it's really down to you what you want to do.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

I would imagine that in a crew of this nature, the positions a/o titles wouldn't be as hard and fast as on a Starfleet vessel.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Good point. It'd probably more a sort of 'just do what you can' atmosphere. Though that depends on how Blackstar decides to run hir ship.
Blackstar the Chakat
Banned

Post by Blackstar the Chakat »

You know, I could probably take over the EMH on the Daystrom since shi is Starfleet property(for now :twisted: ) and would remain on the ship. It'll also prevent a fight between Tally and Silvertail over who runs sickbay.

So any volenteers for designing the actual ship?
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

Just use a common ship that is open on the market. A B'rel perhaps.
Jinsei wa cho no yume, shi no tsubasa no bitodesu
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

That would be the easiest option to do.

Anyway, I think we have other things we need to sort out first.
Eg; characters, who's doing what job (even on a free-lance ship there'll be some specific positions and a command structure), what we're going to be doing, etc.

I have my own character pretty much worked out, though I'm still trying to pick a species for him. Why is every race in Trek submerged in a sea of pure suck? :x
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

I don't know about that. I like the Bajorans.
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

I dunno why i have always liked the Cardassians.
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

As for ship, i would think it would be older whatever it is. Perhaps, the Apollo from ST: Legacy (Fanon or ST starfleet command know it as the Akula). Or perhaps a Constellation.
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

Starfleet doesnt' sell its old ships off though. The klingons do.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Nah, they both suck in their own respective ways. Not as much as other races, but they still rate quite high on the suck scale.

Also, I'd prefer something that wasn't just a human with a funny face. I'd like an alien that looks...well, alien. That's why I originaly went for a Tholian, but I'd prefer to play as something different this time.
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

Deep, how come civvies got hold of Oberth class ships though. And all those Mothballed ships could be recovered if necessary...