3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

I'll concede that.
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award, Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Post by RK_Striker_JK_5 »

I would've liked to have seen the Earth/Romulan Wars. With the direction it was heading, I think it would've been done great.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

Reliant121 wrote:I thought that was Rochey?
Huh?

I was making a snide little joke about the fact that some benighted folks still believe that Jews have horns on the heads - in fact, the only Jews with horns are in klezmer music bands.

I've never heard the same rumor about Irishmen.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

Sorry...i thought you ment who was unkind or something. I didn't know you where referring to religious beliefs. i Didn't know you are Jewish.
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

Although the English used to think of the Irish as futile serfs. I assure you Rochey we dont now!!
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Although the English used to think of the Irish as futile serfs. I assure you Rochey we dont now!!
Exactly, and you all learned the hard way.

You used to think we were just some unimportant little island sitting next to you. Then we kicked your asses in a Glorious Revolution!
And then you just invaded us again.

But then we rose up and kicked ass again!
And got invaded again.

Then, the third time, we rose up, failed to kick any ass at all, got bored, gave up, went down to the pub, and started bitching about how much we hated being invaded.

Ah, but the next time, we were smart about it. You see, we had learned from our previous Glorious Revolutions.
This time, when we rose up, we siezed the Post Office!

Yup, we had you in a right pickle there. How could you possibly run the British Empire without Dublin General Post Office? The time to take back our country was nigh! From our headquarters in the General Post Office, we would co-ordinate a Glorious Revolution that would send the imperial dogs fleeing back to England!
And then, you just bombed the crap out of the city with a warship.

But the next time, you lot had gotten so fed up with the many Glorious Revolitions and the bad jokes being made about England, you gave up, and we won!

And then we formed the Republic of Ireland. But, after a while, we realised that life just wasn't fun without someone to laugh at and have Glorious Revolutions against. So we decided to have a civil war.
Now, that all went swimingly for a few years, but then we started getting bored beating up our neighbours. So, we gave up killing each other, and decided to start having a go at those guys in the north because they had funny accents.

But, we couldn't officialy go to war with the north, because then England would invade us again. Although this would give us an excuse for more Glorious Revolutions and making more bad jokes about England, we had gotten rather fed up with you lot invading us over the years. So we decided to just bomb random places around the north while pretending it was some made-up group called the 'IRA', or something.

Now, this went even better than the civil war, so we decided to keep it up for a few decades. But then those damned Yanks got involved, so we had to give it up.

And now, you lot just think of us as

"Hey, remember that little island we used to keep invading and laughing at 'cause they sucked?"
"No, I don't remember them at all."
"Oh, you remember! It was some sucky little island off the west coast."
"The Isle of Man?"
"No, it was some other country in the west."
"You mean the ungrateful colonial bast- uh, that is; you mean America?"
"No, it was between them and us."
"Naw, I don't know who you're talking about. They must have really sucked."
"Yeah, they did."

And that, my tyranical imperialist friends, is the history of Ireland in a nutshell.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

Excuse me! Your Island is a wonderful place were most (If not trying to burn you) will be your friend. I have been there and i would certainly rather live there than in the little craphole of a falling apart country that i currently inhabit.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

You undervalue yourself too much, Rochey. When the Spaniards came for you, Cu Chulainn (sp., I know) really kicked their asses for good.

OK, so it's a mythological incident, but the guy had a spear with a NAME (Gae Bolg, I believe) made from the bones of a dragon. George Washington or George S. Patton couldn't say that!
as Bull offed Custer
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

You undervalue yourself too much, Rochey. When the Spaniards came for you, Cu Chulainn (sp., I know) really kicked their asses for good.

OK, so it's a mythological incident, but the guy had a spear with a NAME (Gae Bolg, I believe) made from the bones of a dragon. George Washington or George S. Patton couldn't say that!
That's it! We'll resurect Cú Chulainn! Then we'll rule the world with a Copper Fist!
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

Since when have you been a Megalomaniac. I thought that was Deepcrush.
Granitehewer
Captain
Captain

Post by Granitehewer »

i loved monroe's early analogy with the french-indian war,bravo!
Meglomania takes a myriad of forms,would be surprised by how many there are here
PTLLS (Tees Achieve), DipHE App Bio (Northumbria), BSc Psychology (Teesside), Comparative Planetology (LJMU), High Energy Astrophysics (LJMU), Mobile Robotics/Physics (Swinburne), Genetics (SAC), Quant Meths (SAC)
https://www.facebook.com/PeterBrayshay
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

Besides, any culture whose ancestry did anything with a cauldron full of enemies' blood has got to have something going for it...

And if it weren't for you guys, we'd have no tradition of mistletoe at Xmas! Or Halloween! Or name for Glenn Danzig's second band after he left The Misfits (they were called Samhain.)!

Or the greatest song lyric ever, from "The Moonshiner" by (I think) the Clancy Brothers a/o Tommy Makem:

"I'm a rambler, I'm a gambler
I'm a long way from home,
And if you don't like me then leave me alone
I'll eat when I'm hungry, I'll drink when I'm dry,
And if the moonshine don't kill me, I'll live 'til I die!"
as Bull offed Custer
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Deepcrush is more the 'I'll whoop you all with my super bad-ass fleet and rule the universe!' type of megalomaniac.

I'm more the 'I'll wait till Deep whoops you all then whoop him!' type.
You see, there's a subtle difference.
Mikey wrote:Besides, any culture whose ancestry did anything with a cauldron full of enemies' blood has got to have something going for it...

And if it weren't for you guys, we'd have no tradition of mistletoe at Xmas! Or Halloween! Or name for Glenn Danzig's second band after he left The Misfits (they were called Samhain.)!
I didn't even know we had mistletoe over here....
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

It might have been from the Gallic Celts, but Celts nonetheless...

and you probably do, because it features even in Icelandic mythology of the Elder Edda - the only thing that didn't swear an oath the Frigga not to harm Balder, and thus used to kill him by Loki.
as Bull offed Custer