Upgraded Akira QT boat

Deep Space Nine
mwhittington
Commander
Commander

Post by mwhittington »

I wonder if they could use transporter suspension as a means of storage. I know that it's impractical for long term use, but perhaps for wartime use on the front lines, and it eliminates the "exploding magazine" scenario. I might be wrong, though. Let me know what you guys think.
"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -Benjamin Franklin-
mwhittington
Commander
Commander

Post by mwhittington »

Oh, by the way: Nebulas with RFQTLs?!?! For some reason right now I have the theme song to Team America: World Police stuck in my head when I think of Nebs with that kind of firepower.(America, F*CK YEAH!) Let's go blow sh*t up!
"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -Benjamin Franklin-
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

The nebs could fit as many as 4 rapid fire tubes. Either QT or PT would be up to the fleet yard. All ships should be built with QTLs. Even if you don't have enough QTs to go around it wouldn't matter since PTs can be fired out of QTLs. Sooner or later PTs are going the way of IQ in starfleet so they might as well get ready for them.
Jinsei wa cho no yume, shi no tsubasa no bitodesu
Captain Picard's Hair
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Captain Picard's Hair »

Nebulas would be particularly easy to upgrade since all you'd need to do is swap in an upgraded weapons pod. Upgrades to the phaser arrays or shield emitters would be more demanding, of course, but Nebs are an easy path to quick field upgrades.
"If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wonderous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross... but it's not for the timid." Q, Q Who
Blackstar the Chakat
Banned

Post by Blackstar the Chakat »

Captain Picard's Hair wrote:Nebulas would be particularly easy to upgrade since all you'd need to do is swap in an upgraded weapons pod. Upgrades to the phaser arrays or shield emitters would be more demanding, of course, but Nebs are an easy path to quick field upgrades.
modularity does make upgrades easier. I imagine the Nebs will last much longer in service then the Galaxy-class ships, like how the Miranda's outlasted the Connies.
JudgeKing
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by JudgeKing »

Uprated Galaxy w/ Rapid Fire QTs: 2556.888
Sovereign-uprated w/ 2 RF and 6 PF Quantum Tubes: 4135.215
Ambassador w/ 2 RF Quantum Tubes: 2006.75
There is not a problem in this world that can't be solved without the proper application of a sufficient number of thermonuclear ordnance.
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

Thats very very nice! But I agree that the Nebs would be the easiest of the fleet to upgrade. Phasers I wouldn't think would be to hard to upgrade. Just time consuming. The shields and hull would be the worst to have to go through.
Jordanis
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Jordanis »

Deepcrush wrote:Thats very very nice! But I agree that the Nebs would be the easiest of the fleet to upgrade. Phasers I wouldn't think would be to hard to upgrade. Just time consuming. The shields and hull would be the worst to have to go through.
Nebulas WOULD be easiest, but I don't think that's saying much. It's a compact, just-inside-the-hull component. Swapping them out should be pretty easy. It needs more space? Knocking down bulkheads is pretty easy too. And so is rerouting the power flow, apparently!
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

It is a firm belief of my own that Starfleet should look to the Nebula Class as its next gen Heavy Cruiser. The Sov is a Battle Cruiser for all I care and they don't really need anything bigger then that.
Jordanis
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Jordanis »

Deepcrush wrote: they don't really need anything bigger then that.
Blasphemy!
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

HEY! THIS IS ME! JUST BECAUSE I SAID 'NEED' DOESN'T MEAN THAT I DON'T 'WANT' ANYTHING TO BE BUILT BIGGER! :twisted:
Jordanis
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Jordanis »

Good! Because I still want to see the first one-klick federation ship!
Captain Picard's Hair
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Captain Picard's Hair »

Jordanis wrote:Good! Because I still want to see the first one-klick federation ship!
With 25 RFQTL's and 50 type XV phasers!!! :lol:
"If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wonderous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross... but it's not for the timid." Q, Q Who
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Captain Seafort »

Jordanis wrote:Good! Because I still want to see the first one-klick federation ship!
No thanks. I watch Star Trek to see a new power reaching out into space, leaning more about its environment. If I want to see raw power, a GSV will do nicely thank you.
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
Jordanis
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Jordanis »

Captain Seafort wrote:
No thanks. I watch Star Trek to see a new power reaching out into space, leaning more about its environment. If I want to see raw power, a GSV will do nicely thank you.
I don't know. You could do a pretty good storyline where the AQ bands together to take on the Borg in ships like that. It'd be really interesting to see how the Borg react.