Need some help/advice with google accountz

LaughingCheese
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Need some help/advice with google accountz

Post by LaughingCheese »

So google's been bugging to link my youtube with g+ or whatever they're calling it now for a while.

So tonight I finally just bit the bullet, but I made my youtube name my name across all their stuff. I just wish I hadn't signed up with my actual name previous to this cause now they know my friends and stuff but whatever. >< To hell with social media.

Anyway, my problem is that I made a different account with a different name for gmail and I used that to create a new account for Blizzard so I could associate my Star Craft cd key and download it from them.

Well now that I did this linking thing I can't get to the other mail to read the password reset for blizzard

I consider myself good/decent with computers but all this account stuff is apparently over my head.

Help?

Man, I really, really, really HATE google.

And anyone who values any kind of anonimity on the internet should be terrified of what these monsters are doing. We're heading straight toward a 1984 future and its already largely here. :bangwall:

Thanks

LC
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Re: Need some help/advice with google accountz

Post by McAvoy »

I am having issues with all of that too. YouTube wants to link my two accounts one gmail and the other yahoo together. It has also screwed up the comment section too.
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"
LaughingCheese
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by LaughingCheese »

McAvoy wrote:I am having issues with all of that too. YouTube wants to link my two accounts one gmail and the other yahoo together. It has also screwed up the comment section too.

Comments will always be stupid youtube, it is life, and you cannot change it! :P

Anyway I figured out the account issues with google.

Now I just have to remember my blizzard account.

Its not really a big deal actually, its just starcraft, which I'm not very good at and don't play often so.. :P
Tyyr
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Tyyr »

Can't help you with remembering the password, sorry.

You have to remember something about Google. You're their product, not their customer. They sell ad space to advertisers, you're the captive audience they sell too. If you're anonymous they can't monetize you and sell you to advertisers. That's why Google doesn't want you to have anonymity. In this case (Youtube & Google+) it's about trying to force more people to use Google+, just in usual Google fashion they're doing it in an incredibly ham handed way.
LaughingCheese
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by LaughingCheese »

Tyyr wrote:Can't help you with remembering the password, sorry.

You have to remember something about Google. You're their product, not their customer. They sell ad space to advertisers, you're the captive audience they sell too. If you're anonymous they can't monetize you and sell you to advertisers. That's why Google doesn't want you to have anonymity. In this case (Youtube & Google+) it's about trying to force more people to use Google+, just in usual Google fashion they're doing it in an incredibly ham handed way.

Well I figured it out; I just kept my youtube name. But just because I have a G+ page doesn't mean they can force me to post anything. :P

Also now when I sign out it shows my other account, where it literally wasn't doing that before.

I've just been waiting a few days before I have blizzard reset my password again because they thought someone was trying to break in.

Seriously, can't they remember the IP that accessed it last time and recognize its the same as the one trying to get in now? Which clearly indicates forgotten password?

Also, I hate challenge questions. :bangwall:

Anyway, I guess I shouldn't have bothered to make a new account.