Enterprise J

Enterprise
DBS
Lieutenant jg
Lieutenant jg

Post by DBS »

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Look at the site here! I love the 3-D rendering and creative designs this guy does! Absolutely wonderful work!

http://www.trekmania.net/art/wip.htm
"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

Jean-Luc Picard, quoting judge Aaron Satie
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

:shock:
I like that ship! :shock:
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
DBS
Lieutenant jg
Lieutenant jg

Post by DBS »

Yeah. This gentleman has a staggering number of really well-realized 3-D renders on the site. Most of the classes show up, at least up through TNG. A great site to spend an afternoon!
"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

The Wormhole
Ensign
Ensign

Post by The Wormhole »

DarkOmen wrote:It was on the cover of one of the Star trek ship books... dont remember the title offhand, but ill try to find out.

EDIT: It was Ships Of The Line in 2006 and according to it, that is the Enterprise J... must be some early design or concept.
Strange. the 2005 Ships of the Line calendar had a picture of the Enterprise J which was accurate to the diagram we saw in the show.
Putting the manatee back in humanity.
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Teaos »

Yeah I would like to see a fully fleshed out federation battleship.

I class the Soverign as more of a cruiser. Powerful but fast and ment for other rolls.

I know the federation as a peaceful policy but they are also realists.

They would build a fleet of like two dozen full Battleships to patrol their borders.

Something like a cross between the Sov and Galaxy in shape with the most advanced weapons the quadrant has ever seen. Several feet of armor and powerful sheilds.

This thing should look like a predator.
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
Foxbat
Lieutenant jg
Lieutenant jg

Post by Foxbat »

I see an Akira class stretched forward and supped up when I look at that Cosmos class...
"Nothing is more Airwolf than Airwolf!" http://www.ernestcline.com/spokenword/airwolf.htm
Varthikes
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Varthikes »

Foxbat wrote:I see an Akira class stretched forward and supped up when I look at that Cosmos class...
Me, too. With pieces of Sovereign (nacelles, aft-saucer), Excelsior (deflector dish), Intrepid and Galaxy (secondary hull).

But, I do like it.
"What has been done has been done and cannot be undone."--Ruth, All the Weyrs of Pern
"Dragons can't change who they are, and who would want them to? Dragons are powerful, amazing creatures."--Hiccup, Dragons: Riders of Berk
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

It's a nice design for a secondary ship but I wouldn't want it to front a show. It is to standard I would want something for cutting edge.

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
DBS
Lieutenant jg
Lieutenant jg

Post by DBS »

Teaos wrote:Yeah I would like to see a fully fleshed out federation battleship.

I class the Soverign as more of a cruiser. Powerful but fast and ment for other rolls.

I know the federation as a peaceful policy but they are also realists.

They would build a fleet of like two dozen full Battleships to patrol their borders.

Something like a cross between the Sov and Galaxy in shape with the most advanced weapons the quadrant has ever seen. Several feet of armor and powerful sheilds.

This thing should look like a predator.
Unless for some reason battleships aren't really effective in the Trek universe. But the ship you described would be very cool!

Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

Battleships suffer from the problem of putting all your eggs in one basket.

If you lose one ship it is going to be a big loss.

They would need to be in a strike group like modernday Carriers are. A Intrepid class and a Akira and maybe another one.

These ships wouldn't be explorers they would patrol our boarders.

So yes they are practical but also high resorce use and cost.

An enemy wouldn't attack it unless it was in a fleet.

Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Something along the lines of the Dominion battleship?
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

Well kind of but with Federation tech and style. It has to look like a starfleet vessel but also a warrior. Federation ships are always the best looking ships.

Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Well, using federation tech was kind of implied. :)
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

I always found the Dominion designs ugly so I was trying to imply it still had to be a pretty Federation ship but with a predator feel to it.

Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

More sleek and sharp you mean?