Funny pics

McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Re: Funny pics

Post by McAvoy »

Mikey wrote:All I could think of was, "I have an eight-year-old girl, I know who the chick in the cat GIF is."
Since you know who she is... jailbait?
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"
IanKennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IanKennedy »

McAvoy wrote:
IanKennedy wrote:
McAvoy wrote:The Christopher Reeves movies would have that too if they had the technology to show it. They had to make that battle in Superman 2 like that because they couldn't afford or have the capability to show what would truly happen if Superman fought three Kryptonians.
I very much doubt it. It was a film very much aimed at children. That's why it had a "cartoony" nature to it you are referring to. They didn't want to make it realistic, believable special effects yes, realistic no. To point out the difference here, If Zod had killed the people in the train station then believable would be for them to day in a nasty way. Realistic would be for them to pretty much boil and or melt. No kids film should portray that. I wouldn't take a kid to see this Hope Boy film large parts of it are utterly boring.
I don't remember ever hearing the Superman movies were directed and made for children. Wasn't it a general release meant for everyone?
I think you will find that everyone includes children. Any film that allows children in is in it's very nature limited to what they can and can't show. Certainly in the UK that is.
As you getting bored during the movie. That doesn't directly mean the movie is boring but your own personal tastes. If I read a overwhelming majority of reviews saying it was boring then I would have agree it was a boring movie in which I found entertaining. That is just personal taste.
Nor does it mean that it isn't boring either. Semantics are a bitch aren't they. Judging from the children that were in the film the first time I saw it it was very boring. I couldn't tell you about anyone the second time, it was so thrilling to me that I couldn't stay awake, even out of 'scientific interest'. Like trying to keep track of the number of people Hope Boy is directly responsible for killing. For example by punching Zod et al into buildings that are then utterly destroyed.
email, ergo spam
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

Yeah you are right. The new movie is clearly very boring and definitely not a Superman movie.
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

McAvoy wrote:
Mikey wrote:All I could think of was, "I have an eight-year-old girl, I know who the chick in the cat GIF is."
Since you know who she is... jailbait?
No, and quite yummy. She appears on some Nickelodeon teen-themed sitcom that my daughter watches, but the actress is actually 20 years old.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Tyyr
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Tyyr »

...then I need to know exactly which show right the hell now.
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Nutso »

Tyyr wrote:...then I need to know exactly which show right the hell now.
Her name is Ariana Grande. She's got a hell of a voice.
"Bible, Wrath of Khan, what's the difference?"
Stan - South Park
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Nutso »

Some news program wanted to be the first to release the names of the Aisana pilots.
This really happened?
"Bible, Wrath of Khan, what's the difference?"
Stan - South Park
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Captain Seafort »

Are you sure this isn't the local version of the Onion?
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

Nah it's real. A summer intern submitted the names and no one questioned them.
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
Atekimogus
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Atekimogus »

This forum is supposed to be about STar Trek right? Let's bring some Star Trek into it:)

Badass Uhura

not funny but still nice, imho

I'm Commander Shepard and this is my favorite store on the Citadel.
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Captain Seafort »

Teaos wrote:Nah it's real. A summer intern submitted the names and no one questioned them.
Then the intern is severely lacking in imagination and the editors should consider themselves shining examples of why the extreme stereotype of a Yank lacks the IQ to tie his own shoelaces.
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

Speaking of which it is Patrick Stewarts birthday today. 73!

On aside note, a friend said that on Facebook that he isn't aging that much. I looked him up and yes he looks every bit his age now.
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Graham Kennedy »

Atekimogus wrote:Image
Patrick Stewart is a robot!
Give a man a fire, and you keep him warm for a day. SET a man on fire, and you will keep him warm for the rest of his life...
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

Tyyr wrote:...then I need to know exactly which show right the hell now.
Victorious and Sam and Cat. Unfortunately she plays a horribly annoying character but my daughter likes the shows, so we can't even watch with the sound down.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.