No votes

Total votes: 5
colmquinn
Commander
Commander

S32 Ep13: The Wedding of River Song

Post by colmquinn »

So what did you think of the episode?
I must admit as soon as the tesselecta (sp) thing showed up in the previously on intro I knew they would use it at the end.
Overall is was a good ep but not spectacular. I guess there's plenty of loose threads left to use in the future hopefully now that the Doc is under the radar now he'll go back to the docotr just having small adventures and fun without massive universe threatening things happening every week.
But I can't throw, I throw like a geek!
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Re: S32 Ep13: The Wedding of River Song

Post by Captain Seafort »

Pretty damn good. Not quite as good as The Big Bang, but good nonetheless, especially as they continued to an even greater extent with the principle of leaving stuff hanging until the next series. The tip of the hat to Courtney and the Brig left me with a lump in my throat. :(

I think Moffat has been getting ideas from the Cartmell Masterplan, so we might see aspects of that turning up, culminating (I suspect) in a conclusion to the arc and Eleven's regeneration for the 50th anniversary.

Also, Ace has definitely got competition for the title of "most badass companion".
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
colmquinn
Commander
Commander

Post by colmquinn »

Captain Seafort wrote:The tip of the hat to Courtney and the Brig left me with a lump in my throat. :(
Yes I liked that myself.
Captain Seafort wrote:I think Moffat has been getting ideas from the Cartmell Masterplan,
Whats that or am I out of the loop?
Captain Seafort wrote:Also, Ace has definitely got competition for the title of "most badass companion".
Yeah Rory is pretty cool :)
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

colmquinn wrote:Whats that or am I out of the loop?
Basically a subtext Andrew Cartmell, the script editor at the end of the original run, added to the Seventh Doctor's stories (most notably Remembrance of the Daleks). It was intended (if the subsequent novels are an accurate depiction of the Masterplan's intentions) to lead to the revelation that the Doctor was the reincarnation of one of the founders of Time Lord society, part of a triumvirate along with Rassilon and Omega. The possibility that Moffatt might be leaning that way is reinforced by the presence of the Ω symbol at Demon's Run.
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
colmquinn
Commander
Commander

Post by colmquinn »

I'd like to see Omega come back (how he comes back from the anti matter universe where he's imprisioned is another matter but I'm sure they'll find a way). A true Timelord who knows all the tricks, indeed he made all the tricks possible and someone who knows the absolute secrets of the Timelords. Maybe they'll build to him for the 50th anniversary. Next series could be a collection of simple Doctor having fun adventures with pointers to a building threat and then Omega comes.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

I had an inkling of the Doc using the tesselecta (sp?) thing to try and dodge his "fate," though with the build-up he made about
having to die
it seemed a rather hand-wavy solution.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award, Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Post by RK_Striker_JK_5 »

Okay, I didn't figure on them using the
Teselecta
until they revealed it. Good dodge, there.

The shout-out to the Brigadier was touching. :( Also, interesting that hearing about the Brig's
death
was what got him to stop running.
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

RK_Striker_JK_5 wrote:The shout-out to the Brigadier was touching. :( Also, interesting that hearing about the Brig's death was what got him to stop running.
Aye. I doubt the loss of any of his other companions could have caused that reaction. I've said it before and I'll say it again, but the Brig was the one individual who was truly a companion of the Doctor, rather than a specific incarnation.

Also, I don't think we need spoiler tags - the fact that the thread's specifically about the episode should make it obvious that there will be some.
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Captain Seafort wrote:
Aye. I doubt the loss of any of his other companions could have caused that reaction. I've said it before and I'll say it again, but the Brig was the one individual who was truly a companion of the Doctor, rather than a specific incarnation.
Maybe Sarah Jane, but no one else. And I'll say it with you.

Also, I don't think we need spoiler tags - the fact that the thread's specifically about the episode should make it obvious that there will be some.
Well, I don't wanna be rude about it. ;) I'm personally a spoiler hound-I seek them out.
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

RK_Striker_JK_5 wrote:Maybe Sarah Jane, but no one else.
I considered mentioning her, but I think the best she can claim is to be a companion of Three and Four. Not Ten, any more than Jamie was for Six or Jo for Two.
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Captain Seafort wrote:
RK_Striker_JK_5 wrote:Maybe Sarah Jane, but no one else.
I considered mentioning her, but I think the best she can claim is to be a companion of Three and Four. Not Ten, any more than Jamie was for Six or Jo for Two.
Sarah Jane wasn't a companion to them. They were her companions. :D