Anyone good at Photoshop with a lot of free time?

Showcase your own starship and weapon designs or other creative artwork
Monroe
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Anyone good at Photoshop with a lot of free time?

Post by Monroe »

Alright so I exhausted the local talent pretty much and I am still needing fake movie posters for an upcoming movie I'm working on this winter if anyone is interested in helping out.

My last movie is here. Its also at the local blockbusters and Hastings in Missouri, Kansas, Nebraska, and Iowa. Also we're trying to get it to show at l ike 4 AM on some British show. Its got nudity in it and apparently you europeans love naked American women.

You wouldn't get paid as this is a very very low budget movie just trying to get our names out. You would get your name on the credits (unless for some reason you don't want that) and bragging rights for saying you've helped make props for a movie. It takes place in a movie theatre steorotypical male trying to ask a female out then realizes he's actually in love with his best friend.

Basically we're just trying to pad our resume and if it takes off all the better.

So this is an actual project I am just looking for some talented people to make fake movie posters. If anyone's interested let me know or if you have any questions.
Jim
Captain
Captain

Post by Jim »

I'm not an actor, but I've played one in indy movies. HA! I love making films. Where are you located? Can you tell the general plot of your new project?
Ugh... do not thump the Book of G'Quan...
Monroe
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Monroe »

I'm located in the ass crack of no where unfortantly, Saint Joseph, Missouri.

The new movie basically is clerks at a movie theatre. Not much for originality we're just wanting to buff up our resumes for grad school. When I get back from classes tonight I'll write up a more detailed summary of the characters and their goals.
Jim
Captain
Captain

Post by Jim »

Cool. If you do not want everyone knowing the plot or are worried about someone steeling it, you can PM me...
Monroe
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Monroe »

Jim wrote:Cool. If you do not want everyone knowing the plot or are worried about someone steeling it, you can PM me...
Nah its already copy righted.

I forget the names out of the top of my head but the main character really likes this girl who happens to be the slut (where we'll get the T&A for foreign markets). His best friends including the girl he eventually falls in love with instead, agree to help him out. The slut is dating or sleeping with the popular guy at the movie theatre and so they stage a robbery. They call their druggy best friends and ask them to rob the place for $20 and a pizza. The friends misunderstand being idiots and don't show up.
What does show up are real robbers and the main character tries to stand up to them and nearly dies because of it. The robbers then run outside and get close lined by the Air Plane Guy.. who you see throughout the movie standing in the background with his arms in the air (Those people really exist). And the other characters have asked many times why is he acting like an airplane.

Anyway, I'm a bit fuzzy on how (I didn't write the script, only am working on Art Direction) but somehow the main character loses interest in the slut and ends up with his friend who turns out to be really hot just no one noticed it before.
Jim
Captain
Captain

Post by Jim »

I see. I thought it was your movie.
Monroe
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Monroe »

When you make a movie its a lot of people's movie. I didn't write the script and I'm not directing but I'm in charge of the art direction which behind the director is the person who decides the style and feel of the movie. There's going to be like 50 people working on this movie all of who can say its their movie.
Jim
Captain
Captain

Post by Jim »

Monroe wrote:When you make a movie its a lot of people's movie. I didn't write the script and I'm not directing but I'm in charge of the art direction which behind the director is the person who decides the style and feel of the movie. There's going to be like 50 people working on this movie all of who can say its their movie.
I have actually been involved in a few films. I just meant that I thought it was your baby 100% that's all.

Sometimes, depending on the people invilved, it is just one person's movie. It could be the director, or the producer, or even the star. Egos and all that. It's nice when the set is a family though and that is what it sounds like you have going on.
Monroe
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Monroe »

Oh, yeah I've worked with people like that its no fun.
When you make a movie its everyone who put effort into it's movie. That's how I look at it.