Remorse

A place to hang out and chat about whatever
Tholian_Avenger
Lieutenant jg
Lieutenant jg

Remorse

Post by Tholian_Avenger »

DITL Community,

I am sorry for being a dumb, racist, troll who does not know when to shut up. I would like to thank the moderators for not banning me, and the community for beating intelligence into my skull while publicly combating the espousal of rancorous stupidity and evil ideology. I repudiate my former odious opinions and ask for forgiveness for having expressed them. I also regret having lowered and sullied the quality of the discussion of the community when I made my inflammatory remarks some time ago.

Tholian_Avenger.
6 Star Admiral of the Loyal Water Buffaloes and Honorable Turtles
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Re: Remorse

Post by Mikey »

Well, then - let's move on from here. Grudges are easily dispensed with once they are proven obsolete.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Graham Kennedy »

It takes a lot of principle and character to say something like that. Well done you. :clappy:
Give a man a fire, and you keep him warm for a day. SET a man on fire, and you will keep him warm for the rest of his life...
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award, Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Post by RK_Striker_JK_5 »

Aye, that takes guts.
Nickswitz
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Nickswitz »

I must say I deeply appreciate this, and it does take a good heart to come back to somewhere that insulted you and tore you a new one just to apologize a year later. I hope your doing well, and hope that you do come back as far as I remember you were pretty decent at debating, so it may be very interesting to have you around.
The world ended

"Insanity -- a perfectly rational adjustment to an insane world" - R.D.Lang
Foxfyre
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Foxfyre »

Tholian_Avenger wrote:DITL Community,

I am sorry for being a dumb, racist, troll who does not know when to shut up. I would like to thank the moderators for not banning me, and the community for beating intelligence into my skull while publicly combating the espousal of rancorous stupidity and evil ideology. I repudiate my former odious opinions and ask for forgiveness for having expressed them. I also regret having lowered and sullied the quality of the discussion of the community when I made my inflammatory remarks some time ago.

Tholian_Avenger.
Accepted and Welcome back! It takes guts to look some one in the eye and say what you said (ok granted this is a forum just work with me).
Genius insania et conseri manum
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

Cojones indeed. Welcome back. :)
Foxfyre
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Foxfyre »

Ok I do have one question (and you don't have to answer it TA). What brought on the change? (no trying to be a dick just genune curiosity.)
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Mark »

I am sincerely curious too. I'm sure there was more too it than the forum at large biting your head off. If you don't mind sharing, I think there is something that we could learn here.
They say that in the Army,
the women are mighty fine.
They look like Phyllis Diller,
and walk like Frankenstein.
Tholian_Avenger
Lieutenant jg
Lieutenant jg

Post by Tholian_Avenger »

Some of the many things that changed my opinions;
Hate eats your soul and I realized mine had become empty so I did volunteer work that brought me into routine contact with every demographic group imaginable. Familiarity bred enlightenment and buried contempt.

Sometime later my delusions were washed away when I was able to hear some of the things which I had once said.

Words have power, a power to help and to hurt people. That was what I learned.
6 Star Admiral of the Loyal Water Buffaloes and Honorable Turtles
Foxfyre
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Foxfyre »

Tholian_Avenger wrote:Some of the many things that changed my opinions;
Hate eats your soul and I realized mine had become empty so I did volunteer work that brought me into routine contact with every demographic group imaginable. Familiarity bred enlightenment and buried contempt.

Sometime later my delusions were washed away when I was able to hear some of the things which I had once said.

In most cases I have learned that ingorance (note not saying your stupid or anything along those lines) usually breeds hate to some extent. However it takes a strong person to look at himself and honestly and truely see what he has become and then change it. Its a lesson that unfortunaly many people fail to learn or even figure out they have to learn it.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

Tholian_Avenger wrote:Some of the many things that changed my opinions;

All of us have a point - although some may not yet have reached it - at which we look back and are dumbfounded at some of the things we held as universal truths. The lucky a/o strong among us are able to alter our paradigms rather than spend more effort in defending them, even when proved false. Good on you for being part of the former group.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
stitch626
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by stitch626 »

:hug: Welcome back.
No trees were killed in transmission of this message. However, some electrons were mildly inconvenienced.