Coffee

A place to hang out and chat about whatever
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Coffee

Post by McAvoy »

It's not that much different here. Go to the South or the New England area, you seem to think they are speaking a different language.

I remember two years ago when I was stumped at what "white or black" coffee meant. I thought there some sort of British coffee that was white. I guess it was abit of a blonde moment when they told me it was cow's milk. Which again confused me because what other milk you are going to put in coffee? Goat Milk?
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Re: I <3 modern technology

Post by Mikey »

Around here, you get your coffee black - with nothing in it - or "regular," which means light and sweet.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

White/black coffee. Then specify the sugars, if any. I always ask how white, just to make sure.
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

Around here if you say black coffee if means nothing in it. But you say coffee, sugar and/or cream/milk that's what you are supposed to get. One of the reasons why drink black coffee is because some stores like to fill the cup with half sugar and half coffee.
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

Black/white, that I know of, is purely about whether there is milk in it round here.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

McAvoy wrote:Around here if you say black coffee if means nothing in it. But you say coffee, sugar and/or cream/milk that's what you are supposed to get. One of the reasons why drink black coffee is because some stores like to fill the cup with half sugar and half coffee.
I drink black coffee because I like coffee. Even though "black" is supposed to mean "with nothing added," considering the level of help at most places I generally order "black, no sugar."
as Bull offed Custer
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

That is true. At home and I don't mean sound stereotypical but it is true, most Dunkin Donuts are run by Middle Easterners, so trying to get a simple cup of coffee is sometimes difficult. Once in a while they screw it up. I suck it up because going to a different shop takes five minutes out of my daily morning drive to work-me-to-death-hell.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

Hmm. I rarely have a problem with my coffee order at a DD... I'm just one of the few who doesn't care that much for their coffee. It's mostly South American, as far as I can taste, and I prefer a fuller-bodied, earthier/spicier flavor like East African or Indonesian coffees.
as Bull offed Custer
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

Actually I don't care that much for their coffee either. I am too lazy to make my own coffee in the morning. I tried to do the whole setting it up in the evening but gave that up after a week. It got in the way of my drinking beer.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

I prefer Wawa coffee, but unfortunately (for you) Wawa doesn't exist outside of southern/central Jersey. They general have a bolder roast, plus the availability of several different roasts and/or varietals.
as Bull offed Custer
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

Uhhh... there are a ton of Wawas in Virginia Beach. On the Virginia Beach Blvd for example within five miles there are three Wawas. They used to have the cheapest gas in town too.

I grew up in Trenton, NJ by the way.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

McAvoy wrote:Uhhh... there are a ton of Wawas in Virginia Beach. On the Virginia Beach Blvd for example within five miles there are three Wawas. They used to have the cheapest gas in town too.

I grew up in Trenton, NJ by the way.
Wow, I didn't know they extended that far south. Good coffee, and still the cheapest gas in town.

In Trenton proper, or outside?
as Bull offed Custer
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

Yeah there are Wawas all over the place. If there is a 7-11, then chances are across the street there is a Wawa. I like Wawa, it's much nicer inside.

Two miles outside Trenton. Kind of straddling Trenton and Ewing. I actually lived across the street from College of New Jersey if you ever been there.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

Yeah, although from force of habit I still call it "Trenton State." I have some good friends in Hamilton, so I know the area somewhat. I also once had a sales area right along MLK Blvd., but that didn't last too long.
as Bull offed Custer
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

It hasn't been called Trenton State in 15 years right?

Yeah we used to have dormhouse behind our house for college kids. The last five years it became all-girl, which is slightly better. I remember the guys used to have huge parties. Used to find a bunch of random crap in the backyard the next day. Some of it nice, mostly not so nice.