Lieutenant jg
Lieutenant jg

Post by Enkidu »

Yeah, not for a while mind.
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

I love using carthage's army the most. Plus seeing the slaughter that can be brought on the field.
Jinsei wa cho no yume, shi no tsubasa no bitodesu
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Carthage?
Pfft, Julii > all. :P

A great game, I must play it again. Oddly enough, I actualy prefer it to Medievil 2.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

Julii, good choice good choice. What I like about Carthage is the armoured elephants and sacred band (hoplite heavy) and sacred calvary (mounted heavy). What I do hate most about fighting Roman troops are their spears! Wave after wave of them. They do a lot of damage. I can break them by using troops to draw fire but that unit will be lost. It costs a lot of men to get close enough for the kill.
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

I just used Britannia for the first time last night and they have some good units of their own. Their heavy chariots are great for breaking Roman lines as the have not phalanx troops.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Meh, Brittania never really held anything for me. I prefer to see vast legions of armoured troops marching towards the barbarian hordes.
Much cooler. :)
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

Yeah, it is a beautiful sight, that much is for sure.

LONG LIVE THE IMPERIUM!!! wait i mean THE EMPIRE! :lol:
Enkidu
Lieutenant jg
Lieutenant jg

Post by Enkidu »

Rochey wrote:Carthage?
Pfft, Julii > all. :P

A great game, I must play it again. Oddly enough, I actualy prefer it to Medievil 2.
I know what you mean. I can't seem to get into M:TW II for some reason. (I loved the original Medieval) I recently bought the expansion pack, and have hardly played it.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

LONG LIVE THE IMPERIUM!!! wait i mean THE EMPIRE!
Same thing.Image
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

I want the GEoM to return and call on humanity again to reunite and also start bringing other races into it. The Tau Empire would make a great tech boom for the imperium. And for the emperors bless, kill off the eldar!
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Sounds like a plan to me! :)

Crusade! For the Emperor!
ImageImageImageImageImage
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

The God-Emperor shall lead us for the Greater Good! :apc: :apc: :apc: :apc: :apc: :apc: :apc: :apc: :apc: :apc: :apc: :apc: :apc: :apc: :apc: :apc: :apc:
Monroe
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Monroe »

Rome Total War is the only game I've ever played 2 days straight no sleep :P

If you're going to pick a Roman army pick the Brutii on the Campagin. You can easily cut off the Julli and you have all of Greece you can conqueror and get a lot of cash that way.

I've only beaten it as Juli, Bruti, Secludian, and a quick game as the Independent Greeks. The Independent Greeks suck after awhile, they rock at the beginning but damn they can't attack worth a damn.
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

Greece is a pain and there are to many fronts to fight on. Take julii and invade spain, take mallisisa or how ever its spelled and you can take france later almost at will. From spain jump south to west africa and start working towards carthage before they can buy armored elephants and sacred band hoplites. Egypt is a tough one so leave it for everyone else in the east to fight against as they never bother to cross central africa so you'll have the whole of west africa to yourself. Make an allie of britain asap, let them fight the gauls and that will leave you space and time to build your forces. I find most of eastern europe to troublesome to worry about when I can take west europe without any trouble.