Real men/women don't shave!
12%
Other
3%

Total votes: 34
Lighthawk
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Location: Missouri, USA, North America, Earth, Sol System, Orion Arm, Milkyway Galaxy, Local Group, Universe

Shaving

Post by Lighthawk »

I'm an electric guy myself, always found it easier. It does help that I have light and thin facial hair, so it's easy enough for an electric to get everything. I also like the electric cause it lets me do most of my shaving on my way to work, saves me some time in the bathroom that way.
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Re: Shaving

Post by Reliant121 »

Disposable. I backwards shave as well to get a really close shave. Electric carve my skin to hell.
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

Lately, I use my Mach 3, but usually, I just give it a trim.
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
Sonic Glitch
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Location: Any ol' place here on Earth or in space. You pick the century and I'll pick the spot

Post by Sonic Glitch »

Schick Quatro myself. I've tried an electric razor before, and it really doesn't do anything for me. I still feel a manual razor gets closer.
Lighthawk wrote: I also like the electric cause it lets me do most of my shaving on my way to work ...
Oh, you're one those drivers are you... :poke:
"All this has happened before --"
"But it doesn't have to happen again. Not if we make up our minds to change. Take a different path. Right here, right now."
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

Multiblade, anything less and I can't get a smooth shave.
Jinsei wa cho no yume, shi no tsubasa no bitodesu
Lighthawk
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Location: Missouri, USA, North America, Earth, Sol System, Orion Arm, Milkyway Galaxy, Local Group, Universe

Post by Lighthawk »

Sonic Glitch wrote:Schick Quatro myself. I've tried an electric razor before, and it really doesn't do anything for me. I still feel a manual razor gets closer.
Lighthawk wrote: I also like the electric cause it lets me do most of my shaving on my way to work ...
Oh, you're one those drivers are you... :poke:
Hey, I have two hands and I only need one of them to drive, might as well do something with the other.
Lt. Staplic
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral
Commendations: Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Post by Lt. Staplic »

I use a multi-razor, not out of any particular desire, it's what my dad used and so it's what I picked up.

Although right now I'm about halfway through No-Shave November, so I'm not using anything :mrgreen:
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.
Lighthawk
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Lighthawk »

Lt. Staplic wrote:I use a multi-razor, not out of any particular desire, it's what my dad used and so it's what I picked up.
That's how I got started using electrics.
Although right now I'm about halfway through No-Shave November, so I'm not using anything :mrgreen:
Not even for trim work? Going for the wild mountain man look?
Lt. Staplic
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Lt. Staplic »

nope, no shaving, no trimming....my whole floor is doing it and there are prizes at the end of the month for wildest beard, patchiest beard, thickest beard, most non-existent beard, etc.
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.
Lighthawk
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Lighthawk »

Huh, that's interesting. Good luck.
stitch626
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by stitch626 »

I use electric... mostly because I can't stand the sensation of shaving cream.
No trees were killed in transmission of this message. However, some electrons were mildly inconvenienced.
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

stitch626 wrote:I use electric... mostly because I can't stand the sensation of shaving cream.
Just use water with your blade, thats what I do.
Jinsei wa cho no yume, shi no tsubasa no bitodesu
Lt. Staplic
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Lt. Staplic »

Deepcrush wrote:
stitch626 wrote:I use electric... mostly because I can't stand the sensation of shaving cream.
I've done that before; however I get a closer shave with shaving cream, and I don't nick myself as much.
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

I only use disposable ones because I'm a tight bastard who wont pay for expensive ones. To compensate for less then stellar shave, I do what my father specifically told me not to (but did anyway) and use the age old RN method of simply shaving backwards and shaving very very hard. Hurts when you catch the inevitable spot (slowly getting rid of them, still the occasional one).
stitch626
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by stitch626 »

Deepcrush wrote:
Thats a thought... might try that next time they send me a free blade.
No trees were killed in transmission of this message. However, some electrons were mildly inconvenienced.