Deus Ex 3

Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Deus Ex 3

Post by Tsukiyumi »

Cinematic trailer

Hope they do this as well as the first two.
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
kostmayer
Captain
Captain

Re: Deus Ex 3

Post by kostmayer »

Only played the first one (several times over). I didn't hear good things about the second.
"You ain't gonna get off down the trail a mile or two, and go missing your wife or something, like our last cook done, are you?"
"My wife is in hell, where I sent her. She could make good biscuits, but her behavior was terrible."
SolkaTruesilver
Commander
Commander

Post by SolkaTruesilver »

Made in Montreal!!! :rave:

I just can't wait to check this one out. I've been trying to play the 1 for months, can't get to play it decently.
Atekimogus
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Atekimogus »

I played videogames for a long time and I played pretty much everything, shooter, rpg, rts, round bases strategy, flight sims etc. If someone asks me to name the 3 best videogames of all times, Deus Ex would be one of them.

Played only the demo for deus ex 2, didn't like it. To simple, to console-like. I am not expecting anything from deus ex3, even it being mediocre just because they throw a lot of money at it would left me pleasantly surprised.

Let's face it, the time for complex and intelligent shooter-rpgs mixes is past. A game not understood during a 30 sec attention span won't sell well and the only company having the luxury of selling story based games without heavy focus on multiplayer is bioware nowadays and let's see how long that will last if KOTOR online is sucessful.

Maybe I am just getting to old for videogames but I prefer ranting about that they just don't make em like they used to anymore.

"X-Box Achievments? Hell in my day it was an achievment if you didn't need a starter disk because you managed your EMS so well, damn it!"
I'm Commander Shepard and this is my favorite store on the Citadel.
Tyyr
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Tyyr »

The gaming industry hasn't changed significantly, we just don't remember the mountain of crap that came out around the truly great titles. Frankly if I hadn't lost my Deus Ex CD I'd have reinstalled it after watching that trailer.

The time of the indepth shooter-RPG isn't over, it's ripe for a roaring comeback.
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

I only ever had the original deus ex For the ps2. No idea what happened to it. I was far too young to understand much of it in all honesty.