Devils' Rejects/House of a thousand Corpses
House on Haunted Hill (remake)
28 days later
Return of the Living Dead, part 2&3
Evil Dead 2
Stephen Kings' It
Stephen Kings' Rose Red
Re-animator
Loads more, but i've not slept in two days, so gimme a chance to make an espresso
PTLLS (Tees Achieve), DipHE App Bio (Northumbria), BSc Psychology (Teesside), Comparative Planetology (LJMU), High Energy Astrophysics (LJMU), Mobile Robotics/Physics (Swinburne), Genetics (SAC), Quant Meths (SAC)
https://www.facebook.com/PeterBrayshay
Thorin
Captain
Captain

Post by Thorin »

Can't believe you forgot The Exorcist!
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Graham Kennedy »

Of recent ones, definitely The Descent; really good movie.

Also The Grudge got to me somewhat - US remake, not the original.

Silent Hill didn't scare me so much as... disturb me. Half way through I turned to Ian and said "What kind of person thinks of stuff like this?"

The Blair Witch Project. I'm in the "love it" camp, Ian is in the "hate it" camp.

Halloween, the original.

American Werewolf in London.
Give a man a fire, and you keep him warm for a day. SET a man on fire, and you will keep him warm for the rest of his life...
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Teaos »

Look through your perents draws and find one of their home made sex tapes. That would be pretty scary "Moment of conseption"
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
Granitehewer
Captain
Captain

Post by Granitehewer »

Poltergeist 3(the one with the daemon preacher,with that southern accent ''god is in his hooooly temple, come here,child')
The Exorcist (for thorin)
The Thing
Hostel was entertaining but my favourite horrors are the saw quadrilogy, and i even have guilty pleasures like nightmare on elm street, jason x, freddy vs jason, and the hellraiser films
Angel Heart is excellant, esp robert de niros' cameos
PTLLS (Tees Achieve), DipHE App Bio (Northumbria), BSc Psychology (Teesside), Comparative Planetology (LJMU), High Energy Astrophysics (LJMU), Mobile Robotics/Physics (Swinburne), Genetics (SAC), Quant Meths (SAC)
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

Granitehewer wrote:...and the hellraiser films
Angel Heart is excellant, esp robert de niros' cameos
I was going to mention the original Hellraiser.

And, ANGEL HEART! I haven't seen that in years, but I remember it being superb.
Last edited by Tsukiyumi on Sun Oct 28, 2007 6:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
Granitehewer
Captain
Captain

Post by Granitehewer »

robert de niro made eating a boiled egg scary, i mean more than salmonella lol
celeritas
Lieutenant jg
Lieutenant jg

Post by celeritas »

Granitehewer wrote:robert de niro made eating a boiled egg scary, i mean more than salmonella lol
irrelevant information: if your eggs are hard boiled, the salmonella are killed. its only when the yolk is runny that you have a 1:20,000 chance of getting infected by salmonella.
Last edited by celeritas on Sun Oct 28, 2007 7:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Granitehewer
Captain
Captain

Post by Granitehewer »

...........really as a biology graduate, i was totally oblivious to the veritus in that sagely and scholarly remark of yours and now feel educated..........actually i was making a joke, a frivolous remark, strategically placed to arouse a humorous response, so be game and laugh or i won't recomend another film, that had just popped into my head........ :D
Last edited by Granitehewer on Sun Oct 28, 2007 7:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
celeritas
Lieutenant jg
Lieutenant jg

Post by celeritas »

right....excuse me while i self-medicate for toxic sarcasm overdose...

thanks for the many recommendations everybody! i'm still not sure which one i'm going to rent for tonight, but since i haven't seen many of these movies, its good to see whats out there though Granitehewer has given me hankering to watch evil dead 2 again.
Last edited by celeritas on Sun Oct 28, 2007 7:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Granitehewer
Captain
Captain

Post by Granitehewer »

'The Grudge' and 'The Ring' films are overrated, both re: the originals and the remakes, but try 'The Dark' -its about the welsh afterlife and hauntingly good, actually 'Half Light' is alright, but perhaps a little too cliched, and 'The Reaping' is banal,bland and has an atrocious ending
celeritas
Lieutenant jg
Lieutenant jg

Post by celeritas »

actually, the original "the ring" scared the crap out of me when i saw it in theaters in asia.

of course, it's been subject to so many parodies that its lots some of its original creepiness. e.g. what would happen if you placed 2 televisions with the screens facing each other? or what if you directed the tv screen outside of a window on the 37th floor of a building?

anyhow, the ring is off my list for sure, because i believe all my friends have seen it already.
Last edited by celeritas on Sun Oct 28, 2007 7:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Granitehewer
Captain
Captain

Post by Granitehewer »

okay okay, i'll give away my gem, although to most people, its crappy, but i love it
watch 'Evil Dead: Army of Darkness', it trails on from the events of Evil Dead 2, and features an army of skeletons being combine-harvested by an A-team'd uber-car!

Boomstick!
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Graham Kennedy »

I always thought they should make "Ring : Apocalypse", where they show the video as one of the ads during half time at the Superbowl.
Give a man a fire, and you keep him warm for a day. SET a man on fire, and you will keep him warm for the rest of his life...