Yet Another Computer Problem

Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Yet Another Computer Problem

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Yes, it's that time of the week again, where I tell you about some other odd problem my computer has developed.

This one's really throwing me for a loop, though. Quite simply, I can't get any sound from the internet. Youtube videos, Dailymotion, online games, sound clips, videos, etc. Even the clicking sound you get when you click on a link is gone.

Now, it's not a problem with my speakers. They're working just fine and I can get sound from music, games and video clips I have saved onto my computer, and from DVDs/CDs. I plugged a set of headphones in to check it and the problem persists - so the problem is with more than just the speakers.

At this point I've tried everything I can think of. I've shut the computer down, unplugged my internet connection, run an anti-virus scan (with no results), etc.

Then, just on a random hunch, I tried opening Internet Explorer. Lo and behold, the sound works just fine on that. So it appears that the problem is exclusively with Firefox. I've not updated it recently, added any new toolbars or applications to it, etc. It's been completely unchanged for the last month, if not longer.

So, can anyone here figure this one out? I'd really not have to use Internet Explorer for any longer than I have to.

PS: I'm not sure if this is relevent, but the sound went off about halway through watching a Youtube video. This one to be precise, between the 5:30 and 6 minute mark. The only other page open was this.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Re: Yet Another Computer Problem

Post by Sionnach Glic »

And now everything is working fine again. I, quite litteraly, did nothing.

I have the best computer problems ever. Mine actualy fix themselves.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Tyyr
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Tyyr »

What plug ins are you running on Firefox?
IanKennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IanKennedy »

Sounds like you had a problem with the Flash plug-in.
email, ergo spam
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

Sionnach Glic wrote:I have the best computer problems ever. Mine actualy fix themselves.
Sort of a wash, really, considering that they break themselves, too.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer