Year of Hell

Voyager
Sanehouse
Chief petty officer
Chief petty officer

Year of Hell

Post by Sanehouse »

At the end of the Year of Hell episode, when the Voyager collides with the Krenim timeship, it shows Annorax working on the temporal weapon, with his wife still around. If he still creates the weapon, then wouldn't Voyager be caught in a time loop, since the guy creates the weapon anyways and keeps coming back and causing the Year of Hell?
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Re: Year of Hell

Post by Mikey »

I suppose one could say that since Voyager destroyed Annorax' ship from Voyager's own POV, then Voyager concluded that stretch outside any time loop that Annorax' ship/weapon created. Subjective, I know, but we're talking about causality loops generated by time travel.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
stitch626
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by stitch626 »

If you notice his wife was able to pull him away from the project. Perhaps something changed (because of Voyagers presence) that made him not so obsessed.
No trees were killed in transmission of this message. However, some electrons were mildly inconvenienced.
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

stitch626 wrote:If you notice his wife was able to pull him away from the project. Perhaps something changed (because of Voyagers presence) that made him not so obsessed.
I noticed the same, for the first time he was able to walk away from the device. To me that was the end of the year of hell. Not just for Voyager but also for Annorax.
Jinsei wa cho no yume, shi no tsubasa no bitodesu