Scared?

A place to hang out and chat about whatever
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Scared?

Post by Teaos »

What are you afraid of? The dark, spiders, heights, water?

I have no really major fear. I don't like spiders but I dont freak out around them. Octopus' really freak me out, they move so un naturally... creepy. I like heights and dont mind things like snakes which I find kind of fun.
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Heights for me.

Aside from that, nothing realy bothers me that much.
I love snakes, I find spiders fascinating, I like swimming, have no problems disecting something (that would be a bit difficult, given its part of my job), and don't mind dead bodies or skeletons.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Captain Seafort »

Rochey wrote:Heights for me.
Ditto. Neither of which should surprise anyone who's been reading the photo thread.
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
Bryan Moore
Captain
Captain

Post by Bryan Moore »

Heights, a little bit. Used to be snakes, but I've recently conquered it. Spiders do sorta creep me out.
Don't you hear my call, though you're many years away, don't you hear me calling you?
Thorin
Captain
Captain

Post by Thorin »

I can't really think of anything - obviously theres the normal things (men with guns shouting they're going to kill you), and I don't particularly like spiders, but I don't scream and run away if one's on my shoe. Though I do hate cockroaches!
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

Well, since I'm Jewish, rednecks with ropes frighten me considerably.

On a more mundane level, I can't think of anything which really paralyzes me with fear... even dying - when you've got a medical history like mine, you tend to have a more philosophiocal outlook. I guess if anything really bothered me irrationally, it would be ladders over 20' or so - not heights as such, just being on ladders that high.

Of course, I constantly worry about my daughter's safety, but I don't think that's what you were getting at here.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Granitehewer
Captain
Captain

Post by Granitehewer »

My phobias = vertigo
My fears = familial welfare
My likes = everyone on this forum
PTLLS (Tees Achieve), DipHE App Bio (Northumbria), BSc Psychology (Teesside), Comparative Planetology (LJMU), High Energy Astrophysics (LJMU), Mobile Robotics/Physics (Swinburne), Genetics (SAC), Quant Meths (SAC)
https://www.facebook.com/PeterBrayshay
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

I strongly dislike needles. I mean strongly. I am more afraid for the safety of people I love than for myself.
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
Granitehewer
Captain
Captain

Post by Granitehewer »

syringes are alright,what i don't like,is the hot tickle of them being withdrawn from the skin, having tattoos was a battle of wills
PTLLS (Tees Achieve), DipHE App Bio (Northumbria), BSc Psychology (Teesside), Comparative Planetology (LJMU), High Energy Astrophysics (LJMU), Mobile Robotics/Physics (Swinburne), Genetics (SAC), Quant Meths (SAC)
https://www.facebook.com/PeterBrayshay
Jim
Captain
Captain

Post by Jim »

Tsukiyumi wrote:I strongly dislike needles. I mean strongly. I am more afraid for the safety of people I love than for myself.
You know I could not think of anything until you said this. I can take pain fine, punch me, go ahead... but needles... Me and needles do NOT get along. You would think I was a 5 year old when it come to getting a shot.
Ugh... do not thump the Book of G'Quan...
shran
Commander
Commander

Post by shran »

deoths, rather than heights. It's the sort of feeling like you want to throw yourselves off a building when standing on top of it.
shran
Commander
Commander

Post by shran »

deoths, rather than heights. It's the sort of feeling like you want to throw yourselves off a building when standing on top of it.
Monroe
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Monroe »

I hate falling. I'm okay with heights, which usually go hand and hand, but I hate falling. I can walk calmly over a huge drop but you put me on one of those falling rides that amusement parks have and I'm scared lol.
MetalHead
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by MetalHead »

I hate falling, like monroe, but I don't mind heights that much.

I also have a fear of women drivers. *shudder*
"Beware what you intend to say, those words will always make you pay." - Soilwork

Booze and Strippers!
Jim
Captain
Captain

Post by Jim »

Come on people... this is a Star Trek board for petes sake.... you KNOW everyone here is afraid of women, period...!
Ugh... do not thump the Book of G'Quan...