Leviathan Class

Showcase your own starship and weapon designs or other creative artwork
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

Maybe England should go to war with France and just finish it once and for all! :twisted:
Jinsei wa cho no yume, shi no tsubasa no bitodesu
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Captain Seafort »

We've done so, several times. They simply won't get the hint. Having said that, it's been over sixty years since we gave them a proper thumping, so maybe they need a reminder.
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
Azrael
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Azrael »

England and France went to war 60 years ago? O_O;
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

A place called Mers-el-Kebir, in Algeria, in June 1940. After the French surrender, Force H was sent to tell the French Meditteranean Fleet to either join the allies, disarm their ships, or be destroyed. They proved less than cooperative, and so option 3) was implimented. There was also quite severe fighting in Syria, in 1941.
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

Just remember that if England goes to war with France that you'll need to win very quickly! The US will be racing over to join the fight and once we get there we tend not to leave much pickings for anyone else! :lol:
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

You mean like the war of 1812, when you joined in on the French side and got beaten by the Canadian TA? :P
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

Well that one ended in a draw! Not our finest moment but every new born nation needs a whipping to wake them up to the world! You may have taken DC but we held you at North Point and Baltimore. And lets not get started on New Orleans, god knows what went wrong there!
Thorin
Captain
Captain

Post by Thorin »

Deepcrush wrote:The US will be racing over to join the fight and once we get there we tend not to leave much pickings for anyone else! :lol:
Like Iraq, Vietnam, and Afganistan?

:wink:
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

Hey hey hey, Afganistan isn't going that badly, minus all the fighting. And there really wasn't much there to begin with so its not our fault if there isn't much left at the end.
Granitehewer
Captain
Captain

Post by Granitehewer »

:shock:
PTLLS (Tees Achieve), DipHE App Bio (Northumbria), BSc Psychology (Teesside), Comparative Planetology (LJMU), High Energy Astrophysics (LJMU), Mobile Robotics/Physics (Swinburne), Genetics (SAC), Quant Meths (SAC)
https://www.facebook.com/PeterBrayshay
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Deepcrush wrote:Well that one ended in a draw! Not our finest moment but every new born nation needs a whipping to wake them up to the world! You may have taken DC but we held you at North Point and Baltimore. And lets not get started on New Orleans, god knows what went wrong there!
Easy answer to that - Packenham was great divisional commander, as he proved at Salamanca, but he simply wasn't good enough to hold independant command.
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

I guess it didn't help that the first thoughts they had was that the milita would just break and run, hicks don't run! That would require them to be smart enough to know when they are beaten. They are like space orks without the greenskin.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Hey hey hey, Afganistan isn't going that badly, minus all the fighting.
:lol:
I think that was the point.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Deepcrush wrote:I guess it didn't help that the first thoughts they had was that the milita would just break and run, hicks don't run! That would require them to be smart enough to know when they are beaten. They are like space orks without the greenskin.
Interesting you should say that - after Albuera Marshal Soult had this to say about the British Infantry:

I used to think the British were bad soldiers, now I am sure of it. I turned their right, pierced their centre. Everywhere the day was mine, but they did not know it and they would not run.
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

And, on the topic of England vs France, 592 years ago today, 5000 English and Welsh archers faced something between 24000 and 40000 Frenchmen on the field of Agincourt. The French came second.

And gentlemen in England, now abed, shall think themselves accursed they were not here, and hold their manhoods cheap while any speaks which fought with us upon St. Crispin's Day!