Torpedo Firepower: 10200
Weapon Range Accuracy: 2500
Shield Strength: 2489
Hull Armor: 5000
Speed: 1600.617
Combat Manuverability: 500
Total Strength Index: 5321.432
Diplomatic Capability: 3

Ship Motto: Si vis pacem para bellum(If you want peace, prepare for war)

History:
With the ending of the Dominion war, and the Conflict with Praetor Shinzon. which possibly left the Romulans with the scimatics for the Scimitar Class warship and the Klingons with their Negh'Var class ship. The Federation felt it had no choice but to devolop and build a new line of ships.

One of these Designs is the Leviathan Class Warship, Utilizing the latest technologies gathered from the Sovereign, the Intrepid and the USS Voyager. it is the largest ship class constructed by the Federation ever; a truly mammoth vessel, plans had already been drawn up shortly after the second borg attack in sector 001, but shelved because it was deemed unnessicary like many other projects brought on by the borg.

Very unlike the Federation philosophy it is truely a warship in design; Utilizing the latest in quantum torpedo technology, and a experimental phaser array system thus dubbed Type XV. Regenerative shielding based upon reverse engineered borg technology, much like the ones used on the Prometheus.

At this current time there is only one of these ships that have been constructed, the USS Leviathan commanded by Captain Alekzander Konig. due to the immense amount of resources and time it takes to construct one of these behemoths, only 2 more are scheduled to be constructed in the next 5 years. With the looming threat of the Borg, the superior power of the Dominion, and the Potentially lethal threat that the Romulans could deploy the Scimitar on a large class, have made this vessel a nessecity.

Notes: This was done at 4:30 AM, it is a VERY ROUGH draft, leave comments, i'll modify as i see fit.. ..
Last edited by Azrael on Sat Oct 20, 2007 4:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Teaos »

Whats its size in meters?

Well I dont really like Battleships since I feel they betray the Federations ethic and I think you could make like 30 Novas out of this beast.

You said it had Voyager tech? does that include armor generators and the new torps?
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
Azrael
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Azrael »

Teaos wrote:Whats its size in meters?
I'll get back to you on this, as i said, very very very rough draft. It's ment to be big though.
Well I dont really like Battleships since I feel they betray the Federations ethic and I think you could make like 30 Novas out of this beast.
I understand this, I really do. but the same argument could be made for the defiant also... the federation is at times forced to do things that is against it's ...ethic code they go by.

Paticuarly with the threat of the borg still(and BOY are they gonna be pissed with the voyager blowing up their unimatrix..) and the every devious Romulans potentially having the scimitar..

You said it had Voyager tech? does that include armor generators and the new torps?
Armor Generators? Possibly, New Torps? No, not yet. I've made the assumption we havn't quite reverse engineered them yet.
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

Why would they need to reverse engineer them? Didnt future Janeway give them the blue prints?
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
Azrael
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Azrael »

.... I would have to rewatch the last episode or two of voyager..

but I was under the impression that she did the modifications herself, and such? because she knew how to, rather then spent however long it would take teaching them how to do it.

I'm not entirely sure, I was trying to keep a balance between heavy warship, but not so blazingly overpowered that it wouldn't seem plausable, giving my ship the ability to blow up a borg cube in a single hit, seemed a bit excessive. as I plan to use the ship in roleplaying, and fanfiction settings.
DarkOmen
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by DarkOmen »

well, unfortunately its not unplausible... Endgame kind of messed stuff up for us...
Thorin
Captain
Captain

Post by Thorin »

Endgame did mess everything up - by 2385 you'd expect every ship in Starfleet to be more powerful than a Borg cube - thanks to the armour generators and transphasic torpedos.
Admiral Janeway didn't do the modifcations herself - Seven said that they were compatible with Voyager's systems so we'd assume there was a rather large team working on it all. You can't expect an 80 year old woman to be on her hands and knees modifying the torpedos to transphasics!
Azrael
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Azrael »

yeah... endgame certinally didn't bother thinking about the future of trek.

then again i won't even start in to how much i disliked voyager.

so despite this, what do you guys think of the concept? I know teaos don't like battleships.

a Drawing possibly could come soon, i have a friend who excels are drawing ships.
DarkOmen
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by DarkOmen »

personally, i do like big battleships... it may be counterintuitive to what star fleet has made up to now, but, i still like to think about what kind of ships starfleet could make.

A drawing would be sweet too. :)
Azrael
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Azrael »

It is definately counter intuitive to starfleet, but it isn't impossible for them to make something like this, as they made the defiant the sovereign and the prommie(nick name from STBC) which are all sort of geared towards fighting.

I'm thinking of a sleeker streamlined look for it,
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

I'd love to see it.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

I'd be interested in seeing it.
And I love battleships. :)
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
shran
Commander
Commander

Post by shran »

reember that some ships simply are too old or just not suitable to be refitted with transphasic torpedoes and ablative armour and so on. Simply because the design was not made for it. if you take the HMS Enterprize from ENT intro and refit it with rocket launchers from a modern navy ship, it would basically be the same like putting ablative armour on a Miranda. They are simply too bloody old.
Azrael
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Azrael »

Well, shran if you read the history, you see it's a new design. it definately has ablative armour as indicated by the stats.

I just don't like the thought of what endgame did to future trek, if I could i'd ignore it, or say that somehow the systems self destructed mysteriously or something. =/

i have a image in mind for it, I just need my friend to be free for a few days lol
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Captain Seafort »

shran wrote:reember that some ships simply are too old or just not suitable to be refitted with transphasic torpedoes and ablative armour and so on. Simply because the design was not made for it. if you take the HMS Enterprize from ENT intro and refit it with rocket launchers from a modern navy ship, it would basically be the same like putting ablative armour on a Miranda. They are simply too bloody old.
I disagree. While your analogy stands up for the sailing ship/missile comparison, technological progress in Trek is a lot slower than it has been for the past couple of hundred years. The fact that hundred year old designs like the Miranda and Excelsior are not just operational, but making up the built of Fed fleets, shows that technological progress is limited to refining existing technology rather than innovation. This is further reinforced by "Relics", where La Forge points out that transporters, warp and impulse engines, and subspace sensors and radio, are all pretty much the same aboard both the E-D and the movie-era Jenolan, and Starfleet engineers are still using the user manual Scotty wrote.
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.