FSX Take 2

Nickswitz
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

FSX Take 2

Post by Nickswitz »

We just recently upgraded our computer, and now Flight Simulator X runs like a dream, therefore I am going to start doing a lot of scenes, as well as that we have found a lot of add-ons from Star Trek. A BOP, a TOS Galileo shuttle, a NCC-1701 Enterprise, original version, a NCC-1701-D Enterprise, a Miranda, an intrepid, as well as very many BSG ships. Therefore I'm going to make a ton of pics... Including a battle with a BOP and a Miranda, 2 or 3 BOPs vs a Galaxy, etc. So I'll post up the pictures when I get them done in this thread if anyone is interested in them.
The world ended

"Insanity -- a perfectly rational adjustment to an insane world" - R.D.Lang
LaughingCheese
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Re: FSX Take 2

Post by LaughingCheese »

WOW....they have all those in FSX?!

I have FSX but don't use it much. Hmmm...... :shock:
Nickswitz
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Nickswitz »

Yeah, it does. As well as with the acceleration pack we have Nimitz class aircraft carriers available to use. Which means that I'm gonna make some awesome BOP vs carrier shots... :D
The world ended

LaughingCheese
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by LaughingCheese »

Nickswitz wrote:Yeah, it does. As well as with the acceleration pack we have Nimitz class aircraft carriers available to use. Which means that I'm gonna make some awesome BOP vs carrier shots... :D
Coolness. I'll have to check that out.

Though I wonder how good it is at dealing with new airframes?

FSX uses a table model for flight simulation; i.e. data must already be known before it can accurately simulate an aircraft.

X-Plane's uses "blade element theory" which simulates the physics of every polygon on the aircraft, which is why X-Plane can be used for testing new aircraft designs.

So, FSX, I'm not so sure about.

Just saying this cause I'd like to simulate and build RC airplanes, but I don't think FSX is quite that kind of simulator, at least it appears X-Plane is more powerful in this arena.

Just my $0.02. :lol:
Nickswitz
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Nickswitz »

LaughingCheese wrote:
Nickswitz wrote:Yeah, it does. As well as with the acceleration pack we have Nimitz class aircraft carriers available to use. Which means that I'm gonna make some awesome BOP vs carrier shots... :D

FSX uses a table model for flight simulation; i.e. data must already be known before it can accurately simulate an aircraft.

X-Plane's uses "blade element theory" which simulates the physics of every polygon on the aircraft, which is why X-Plane can be used for testing new aircraft designs.

Just saying this cause I'd like to simulate and build RC airplanes, but I don't think FSX is quite that kind of simulator, at least it appears X-Plane is more powerful in this arena.

Yes, it depends on what you want to do. Such as if you want to make experimental aircraft it will work or not work based on reality in X-planes, in fsx it may work, based on the hardpoints you give it, if the wings are just large enough in the hardpoints file then it will work. So depends what you want to do, I personally want both now, because I want to see both in action.
The world ended

LaughingCheese
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by LaughingCheese »

Nickswitz wrote:
LaughingCheese wrote:

Yes, it depends on what you want to do. Such as if you want to make experimental aircraft it will work or not work based on reality in X-planes, in fsx it may work, based on the hardpoints you give it, if the wings are just large enough in the hardpoints file then it will work. So depends what you want to do, I personally want both now, because I want to see both in action.
Well I finally got x-plane a week or so a go.

Haven't really touched it, I didn't realize it doesn't really have tutorials like FSX. Its definitely not beginner friendly, and that plane maker is going to be a pain to figure out. :|