D'Taran Class

Showcase your own starship and weapon designs or other creative artwork
DarkOmen
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

D'Taran Class

Post by DarkOmen »

Ok, got another one for yall :P I'm trying to make a complete timeline of schematics for the Enterprise from NX to J (the last one we know to canonicly exist). Sooooooo... here is G. As you can read in my little synopsis below, it is the first joint romulan/starfleet design, so i tried to incorporate some romulan elements.

let me know if you like it.
Granitehewer
Captain
Captain

Post by Granitehewer »

beautiful little extrapolation, would love to see a 3-D model in colour
PTLLS (Tees Achieve), DipHE App Bio (Northumbria), BSc Psychology (Teesside), Comparative Planetology (LJMU), High Energy Astrophysics (LJMU), Mobile Robotics/Physics (Swinburne), Genetics (SAC), Quant Meths (SAC)
https://www.facebook.com/PeterBrayshay
Blackstar the Chakat
Banned

Post by Blackstar the Chakat »

That's a beautiful ship.
Monroe
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Monroe »

How do you keep doing it? I love the weapons, isokinetic cannons, temporal disruptors. You should name the torps. Singularity Torpedoes imo will be the top tier of federation torpedoes.
What year is she suppose to be made?
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Very nice. :)
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Granitehewer
Captain
Captain

Post by Granitehewer »

Can we name a torp; 'pete' lol
PTLLS (Tees Achieve), DipHE App Bio (Northumbria), BSc Psychology (Teesside), Comparative Planetology (LJMU), High Energy Astrophysics (LJMU), Mobile Robotics/Physics (Swinburne), Genetics (SAC), Quant Meths (SAC)
https://www.facebook.com/PeterBrayshay
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Teaos »

Nice design although it is odd to see it go from eliptical sauser to circle again.
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
Thorin
Captain
Captain

Post by Thorin »

Monroe wrote:How do you keep doing it? I love the weapons, isokinetic cannons, temporal disruptors. You should name the torps. Singularity Torpedoes imo will be the top tier of federation torpedoes.

And she really is beautiful. With weapons like those she's going to be dwarfing that super section 31 ship with 100,000 power indices!
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

Huh I just noticed. Does that foward section have heavy armor?
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
Thorin
Captain
Captain

Post by Thorin »

Teaos wrote:Huh I just noticed. Does that foward section have heavy armor?
For uber-rammage :wink:
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

Fantastic, Dark. A perfect merging of the signature Fed and Rommie design elements.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Bryan Moore
Captain
Captain

Post by Bryan Moore »

Hmm, my initial reaction mirrored Brando's famous "The Horror" a la Apocalypse Now, but upon further inspection, this is rather interesting =)
Don't you hear my call, though you're many years away, don't you hear me calling you?
shran
Commander
Commander

Post by shran »

ow many decks does it have?
Thorin
Captain
Captain

Post by Thorin »

Don't take this as what it actually is, but with a height of 120 m I'd say 30 to 40 decks. Though the window placements for so many decks (or a ship of such height) is... strange. :wink:
DarkOmen
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by DarkOmen »

Monroe wrote:How do you keep doing it? I love the weapons, isokinetic cannons, temporal disruptors. You should name the torps. Singularity Torpedoes imo will be the top tier of federation torpedoes.
Thanks... It seemed to me that transphaisic torpedoes were kind of the pinnacle of torpedo technology, so i was going to have starfleet plateau there for a while... I do like the singularity torpedoes...maybe more of an implosive effect than explosive :twisted: i still have enterprise H and I to get through though, we can save it for one of them :P
Teaos wrote:Nice design although it is odd to see it go from elliptical saucer to circle again.
well since sovereign and my E-F are elliptical along their long axis and the E-J is eliptical along its wide axis, i figured it had to go circular again at some point. and i did have a precident for the saucers changing shape... look at Ambassador and Galaxy...
Thorin wrote:2425

And she really is beautiful. With weapons like those she's going to be dwarfing that super section 31 ship with 100,000 power indices!
yup... 2425 it is. and yeah, if i worked out some stats, i'm sure it would be a juggernaut
Teaos wrote:Huh I just noticed. Does that forward section have heavy armor?
thats not really what i was thinking, but that could be a good idea. if you look at the E-J it has a similar "over hull" section.
Thorin wrote:Don't take this as what it actually is, but with a height of 120 m I'd say 30 to 40 decks. Though the window placements for so many decks (or a ship of such height) is... strange. :wink:

the windows are usually the hardest part for me.. they're usually the last thing i do, and i'm usually tired of doing it, so i neglect the necessary effort... i didn't really have a deck number worked out but 35ish sounds good... i also figure that some of the windows could span multiple decks ( yay for horrible in universe fixes to make up for my laziness :P)

And thank you for all the compliments/ comments everyone!