Find the Skinjob Gameplay

Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Re: Find the Skinjob Gameplay

Post by Sionnach Glic »

In all likelyhood it was someone who had a grudge against the Major and decided to use our present situation to try and take him out. While I agree with the concept of planning for the worst, there's not exactly all that much planning we can do. Let's just focus on getting off the planet first. Once we get back to the fleet I'm sure justice will be served.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Nickswitz
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Nickswitz »

Well, if there were other circumstances I may agree, but the way he was killed, I'm inclined to believe he knew who it was, although this doesn't mean that we have cylons aboard. Maybe we have a traitor. We can never really know.
The world ended

"Insanity -- a perfectly rational adjustment to an insane world" - R.D.Lang
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Mark »

I just had a chilling thought.

Have any of you ever SEEN a real Cylon? I don't mean the stock footage we've seen from the war. I mean a recent image.
They say that in the Army,
the women are mighty fine.
They look like Phyllis Diller,
and walk like Frankenstein.
Nickswitz
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Nickswitz »

Mark wrote:I just had a chilling thought.

Have any of you ever SEEN a real Cylon? I don't mean the stock footage we've seen from the war. I mean a recent image.

I haven't even seen the ones from the old war footage. Never took much interest in it, was more interested in fixing stuff, which by the way, I will go back to repairing the engine for now.
The world ended

Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Back during the War the Cylons were just two-metre tall humanoid robots. No one's seen an actual Cylon since the end of the War. Presumably they're a good deal more advanced by now.

And Chief, given that there are - or rather, were - just eight of us on board, I think it's a pretty safe conclusion that the Major knew which of us was about to stick a knife through his jugular.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Nickswitz
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Nickswitz »

Sionnach Glic wrote:Back during the War the Cylons were just two-metre tall humanoid robots. No one's seen an actual Cylon since the end of the War. Presumably they're a good deal more advanced by now.

And Chief, given that there are - or rather, were - just eight of us on board, I think it's a pretty safe conclusion that the Major knew which of us was about to stick a knife through his jugular.
It's also pretty safe to say we have a cylon on board, or at least we have an operative. so yes he probably knew who it was, I'm saying he didn't expect it at all.
The world ended

stitch626
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by stitch626 »

I've seen intelligence photos of the Cylons... don't know how accurate they were. The images showed varying degrees of humanoid shapes, some identical to the old ones, some almost human, though metal. But if there were any of them on board, as Lt. Rochevsky said, we'd notice.
No trees were killed in transmission of this message. However, some electrons were mildly inconvenienced.
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Mark »

I'm just saying that if I were going to launch a sneak attack on the Cylons, I'd have some infiltrators on the ground dressed up in big tin suits so as to blend. You don't suppose they came up with some way to infiltrate us, do you?
They say that in the Army,
the women are mighty fine.
They look like Phyllis Diller,
and walk like Frankenstein.
Nickswitz
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Nickswitz »

Well, even if they can't disguise themselves I'm sure that they can find someone who will work with them. So no one can say that we have to watch out for just a 2m tall metal robot, if it were that obvious then we would know already.
The world ended

stitch626
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by stitch626 »

True, its possible that there is some deranged person who thinks they will be better off with the Cylons ruling over them. Scares the heck out of me, but its possible.

And Mark, even if they could make synthetic skin and the right shape for their bot, it still would be an amazing feat of programing to get it to mimic and produce human expressions accurately.

:: shudders ::
I think the traitor idea is much more plausible. Now how do we proceed from here?
No trees were killed in transmission of this message. However, some electrons were mildly inconvenienced.
Angharrad
Captain
Captain
Location: In the big chair, finally, swinging my feet 'cause I'm short. Lower the chair Scotty DAMMIT

Post by Angharrad »

Traitor or Cylon, which with their technology, I think they could do it. Major Glitch thought so, see his report? "Due to the ease of their victory and their sudden ability to track us, I'm forced to conclude this was the result of a double agents. There are traitors, or Cylons among us...". As for what to do, I am just a pilot, fix the ship, and I can get us out of here.
“You cannot play God then wash your hands of the things that you've created. Sooner or later, the day comes when you can't hide from the things that you've done anymore.”

And then Buffy staked Edward. The End.

From Slave to Princess
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Alright, look, can we all drop the pointless speculating? The idea that the Cylons can suddenly mimic human form perfectly is utterly laughable. Not to mention that such an infiltrator would be ridiculously easy to notice - just look for the person who turned up out of the blue with no background.

The situation here is rather blatantly obvious. Someone on the ship had a grudge against the Major, and decided to use our predicament as an excuse to take him out. And until we get back to the Fleet we're not going to be able to catch him. So let's just get the ship working and get off this rock as soon as possible.
Lazar
Captain
Captain

Post by Lazar »

In light of the Major's report, I don't think we can be sure one way or the other. Anyway, it looks like we should be able to get the sublight engines repaired within a few days.
"There was also a large horse in the room, taking up most of it."
Angharrad
Captain
Captain
Location: In the big chair, finally, swinging my feet 'cause I'm short. Lower the chair Scotty DAMMIT

Post by Angharrad »

All right then, everyone has an assignment. Let's get to it, get these engines repaired and don't forget to watch your backs.
“You cannot play God then wash your hands of the things that you've created. Sooner or later, the day comes when you can't hide from the things that you've done anymore.”

And then Buffy staked Edward. The End.

From Slave to Princess
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

*salutes*

Aye, Sir. I'll be on the flight deck keeping an eye on the DRADIS.