New RP ideas

Lt. Staplic
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral
Commendations: Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Re: New RP ideas

Post by Lt. Staplic »

Another thing to remember is that in sg the mythologies were twisted and morphed to fit the shows so these don't have to be the exact gods but I do like the predecessor idea. Another thing do we want to have any ancient tech in the galaxy?
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

Lt. Staplic wrote:Another thing to remember is that in sg the mythologies were twisted and morphed to fit the shows so these don't have to be the exact gods but I do like the predecessor idea. Another thing do we want to have any ancient tech in the galaxy?
I'm going to say no. The whole point is that these guys up and left in a hurry to an unknown region with nothing there.
Jinsei wa cho no yume, shi no tsubasa no bitodesu
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

Well, there should at least be Stargates there for two reasons.

1) In SG:U, they show that the Ancients seeded a number of other galaxies with Gates, although they may not have ever traveled to any of them.

2) should be pretty obvious. :wink:
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
Lt. Staplic
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Lt. Staplic »

I meant in addition to stargates. I'm on the itouch indidnt want to type it out
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

So how are we getting there, why, and where are we staying?
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Lt. Staplic
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Lt. Staplic »

Sionnach Glic wrote:So how are we getting there, why, and where are we staying?
I think we send a team aboard the ship ahead and then a few weeks prior to arrival a team through the gate. We set up a base there with the mission to explore the galaxy in search of advanced alien tech
Aaron
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Aaron »

Maybe we ought to bring a vehicle then.
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Mark »

The only Ancient tech that we'll have is what goes with us. The Stargate WE set up upon first arriving at the planet (said gate therefore HAS a DHD). We'll have say a half dozen puddle jumpers from Atlantis. The base setup will be part of the backstory I'm thinking. A man made facility much like the SGC with incorporated Asguard tech as well.

We'll have about 1200 personnel, and just the one ship, the Dauntless (outfitted with the best Asguard tech we have).

HOWEVER, this galaxy is FAR. I'm thinking its a distance of MONTHS at hyperdrive.
They say that in the Army,
the women are mighty fine.
They look like Phyllis Diller,
and walk like Frankenstein.
Aaron
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Aaron »

So we're the ones that are months away?
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Mark »

By hyperdrive yes. However, we still have the gate with ZPMs on either side, for instant travel back to Earth as needed. We won't be cut off, but help won't easily reach us.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

We'll need a pretty self-sufficient base unless we want to constantly have the ship doing shuttle runs to and from Earth. I have my doubts that ships like the Daedalus are anywhere near self-sufficient, and relying on stumbling across food and supplies in a completely alien galaxy would be incredibly foolish. The only real option would be to use the ship for shuttle runs to and from Earth. Regardless of what sort of power source you have, that's the height of inneficiency and it would also leave any ground forces completely open to orbital attack while it's away.

Maybe we can have the ship drop off some sort of prefabricated facility, which only requires some minor assembly by the ground teams. A ship the size of the Deadalus could easily carry the components for a facility that could house over a hundred people. We could even become fairly self-sufficient with regards to food through the use of algaculture and hydroponics. That would free the ship up for 24/7 support of the facility, as we can just send any vital equipment (fuel for vehicles, for example) in via the Stargate.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Mark »

Mark wrote:By hyperdrive yes. However, we still have the gate with ZPMs on either side, for instant travel back to Earth as needed. We won't be cut off, but help won't easily reach us.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Aye, but presumably we're going to want something to defend the base from any attack. Thus some sort of protective bunker around it and a small garrison force. We can't rely on the ship constantly being in orbit, after all.

Also, I'd like to clarify something. Are we on the ship, or going in as a ground team?
Lt. Staplic
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Lt. Staplic »

Mark wrote: The Stargate WE set up upon first arriving at the planet (said gate therefore HAS a DHD).
So does that mean there is no network of stargates here?
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

So, if the Dauntless has Asgard tech then they can use the Asgard Replicators right? From that, all we need is a planet with the right resources and the ship and build whatever we need on the spot. However, as stated... we'll need to start producing food otherwise our ship will turn into a mall/factory.
Jinsei wa cho no yume, shi no tsubasa no bitodesu