Alpha SIM IC Thread

Moderator: BigJKU316

Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Re: SIM Galaxy IC Thread

Post by Deepcrush »

==General Communication Lines==

The Klingon Empire was honored to commit itself to the defense of its honored friends. All ships will complete their final orders and then return home.
Jinsei wa cho no yume, shi no tsubasa no bitodesu
Lt. Staplic
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral
Commendations: Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Post by Lt. Staplic »

==Cloaking Conference on Aldebaran==

I welcome you all, again, to the cloaking conference. As you have seen I have changed our seating arrangements this time after the, incidents at our last meeting. I think I will start things off by turning the floor over to the Romulan ambassador, you have made quite the move I'm sure we could all do with further information.
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.
stitch626
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by stitch626 »

Thank you. First off, I would like to offer an apology to the Klingon Empire. Our last ambassador was overenthusiastic about defending our Empire, mostly due to pride. And for the most part, they were right. While our current Praetor had no hand in any of the crimes committed by our Empire, the ones who did still have some power. Hence our Praetor's decision to remove cloaking devices from the standard technology on warships.

The D'Deridex class warbirds will not be able to have the cloaks removed, because when they were designed, the cloaks were an integral part of the ship. Hence, we have discontinued their production. We also have issued orders to the commanders of such ships to not use cloaking, even in our space.
The Scout ships and science ships still will make use of cloaking devices during exploratory missions outside of our space. What I mean is, on the far side, away from everyone else. However, else-ware, they will remain off.

In order to combat our lack of cloaking devices, we are continuing to improve shielding technology on our new ships. We also are working on improving armour.

Our decision to allow the Federation to develop and use cloaking technology stands. We have no reason to enforce something decided centuries ago that has only weakened us in the long run. We also are not adverse to aiding the minor powers, specifically the Gorn and Tholians, whom we have never had a dispute with, in developing their own. However, this would not be done without consultation with nearby powers.

I think that's all I have to say on the matter. Any questions, feel free to ask.
No trees were killed in transmission of this message. However, some electrons were mildly inconvenienced.
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

The Klingon Empire accepts the apology of the Romulan Star Empire.

So long as no Romulan warships are equipped with cloaking devices. The Klingon Empire will consider the matter closed.
Nickswitz
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Nickswitz »

I would like to start off by asking all of the powers here to have a peace treaty with the Ferengi. As you all know I have no cloak technology, and very little ability to produce it. Also my ships are very small, well, maybe not small, but ill-equipped to handle any attacking threat. I do not ask for anything except peace on our behalf. Also, we will supply any technology anyone wishes if they do not have the necessary supplies to make the tech, excluding cloaking devices of any sort, so as to please as many parties as possible.
The world ended

"Insanity -- a perfectly rational adjustment to an insane world" - R.D.Lang
stitch626
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by stitch626 »

We have no issue with the Ferengi. As long as you do not show agression to us, we will not show aggression to you.

I have another matter to discuss. The recent "news" report indicated a rumor that the Romulan Empire was working on developing a remake of the Scimitar. This is false. We have learned from other's mistakes. Our only new class is a small cruiser, meant to aid our warbirds. And we plan to continue the trend of more, smaller vessels.
No trees were killed in transmission of this message. However, some electrons were mildly inconvenienced.
Lt. Staplic
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Lt. Staplic »

good to hear. I am pleased we were able to get through that particular piece of news, I think I can speak for all of us when I say that we were surprised to hear of the Praetor's decision.

I have learned from the last meeting it is best to start with the small things and work are way up to the possibility of a full on ban if we can agree to it, therefore I now wish to discuss a Non-Proliferation Treaty on Cloaking devises. This treaty will prevent the sale or trade of Cloaking devises to nations which haven't yet developed the technology. The Treaty will not prevent the development of cloaks by the other powers, but it will ban the Federation, Romulan Empire, and Klingon Empire from giving or selling the technology away.
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.
stitch626
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by stitch626 »

We have no issue with such terms. We had to develop our own, they should as well.
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

The Klingon Empire will agree to talks on the matter. If we are pleased, then we will sign.
Lt. Staplic
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Lt. Staplic »

Non-Proliferation Treaty

We three sovereign powers, the United Federation of Planets, the Romulan Star Empire, and the Klingon Empire do agree to a non-proliferation agreement for cloaking technology. As per terms of this agreement, no devises, schematics, or plans for any device capable of rendering a vessel, object, or person invisible from all forms of sensors shall be sold, given, traded for or otherwise dispersed to a sovereign power which has not yet acquired the ability of cloaking their own ships.

We also open the treaty to future signatures of any powers that do develop the ability to cloak their vessels so as to maintain as much order as possible with these devises. Upon the acquiring of cloaking technology, the power should sign the treaty. Until they do, a range of economic and diplomatic sanctions may be enacted by the powers to convince them to sign.

==Here's a draw up of the treaty we would be signing, thoughts, suggestions, modifications welcome==

==Edited at the request of the Federation Council==
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

By agreement of the High Council. The Klingon Empire will sign this treaty and enforce it!
Lt. Staplic
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Lt. Staplic »

We will have to submit the treaty before our concil for final approval, but I am confident it will pass.
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

Then if we are all agreed, the weight rests on the shoulders of the Federation Council. Either they will side with us, or against us.
Lt. Staplic
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Lt. Staplic »

The Council has approved the treaty, but we still need final approval from the Romulans (they expressed interest before the treaty, but haven't signed off on the treaty)
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

HA! Figures we'd have to wait on them.