Dark Heresy: The Syndicate

Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Re: Dark Heresy: The Syndicate

Post by Mikey »

Milo followed Karibi closely into the mess hall. "Thank you, all," he said politely but impersonally. "The reason I wanted to talk to you is that once we're in it planetside, the good sister here needs to be able to locate us, without spending the time necessary to actually track us down on her own. Indeed, the element with which we're bound to be mixing is undoubtedly expert at staying un-found." Trask coughed slightly, then continued, "Perhaps the good tech-priestess would be able to rig a way for Sister Phebia to home in on Mr. Karibi's auspex, or passively somehow on my vox? I am, of course, open to suggestion."

Milo drained the cup of recaf he was holding, wishing it was something more potent, and added, "We should also determine the lead time we will need to have before our 'pursuer' finds us."
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Tyyr
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Tyyr »

"That will be difficult," Phebia said. "I do not know how we will be able to determine how much time is sufficient. If a homing beacon is rigged perhaps is should only be triggered when I am to come hunt the group down. That way you all will be in control of when it happens and where."
Lighthawk
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Location: Missouri, USA, North America, Earth, Sol System, Orion Arm, Milkyway Galaxy, Local Group, Universe

Post by Lighthawk »

"I could rig any number of tranmiter/homing device pairs," Haxta stated. "The question is how much power and range vs how concealed. Also, it might be a good idea to have more than one system. Perhaps one signal for Phebia to come 'track' us down, and another to let her know to come in guns blazing. We can not assume our plans will work perfectly after all."
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

Trask crossed over to the wall vox and called for a rating to bring a bottle of amasec. He turned to Haxta and replied, "Excellent idea, but I'm wary of any sort of active transmitter. The company we're going to be keeping is professionally paranoid. I don't doubt they'd have the means to pick up active transmissions, and if they do... best case scenario, we miss our opportunity. Worst case, we get to explain our failure to the Emperor in person." A nervous-looking rating entered with a salver holding a decanter of amasec and a couple stacks of thimble glasses, and placed it on the table. Milo helped himself and then proffered the bottle to the rest of the group.
as Bull offed Custer
Tyyr
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Tyyr »

"A pheromone trace then perhaps?" Phebia suggested. "I am uncomfortable with only a time table as to when to make my move. If I cross your path before you have made inroads with the group we may lose our opportunity. If I wait too long we may loose it as well."
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

"Hmmm," Trask considered. "You make sense. I'm not sure of the technical applications, but I agree that we do need some way to alert you when the time is right. If all else fails, a simple voxed static code, perhaps?"
as Bull offed Custer
Tyyr
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Tyyr »

"Possibly, I do not know the answer myself. That would be a question best put to your techpriestess."
Lighthawk
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Location: Missouri, USA, North America, Earth, Sol System, Orion Arm, Milkyway Galaxy, Local Group, Universe

Post by Lighthawk »

"I think perhaps the pheromone trace might be our best option," Haxta said. "It is subtle, yet easy enough to follow. Also, it should be possible to alter the pheromone trail, change the chemical marker by slight degree of composition one way or another in order to leave a message as well as a trail. That way we can tell Phebia not only where to go, but how far or close behind us we wish her to be, as well as when it is time to come catch us. And if things go poorly and we need her immediately, a vox cast will do the trick."
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

"Very well," Trask said amicably. "You're the expert. Can you rig the tracer for the Sister, and the emitter/alteration module for me?"
as Bull offed Custer
Lighthawk
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Lighthawk »

"I believe so," Haxta answered. "I will get started immediately."
Lighthawk
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Lighthawk »

Standing, Haxta left the room without further comment, making her way down to the ship's forge and began to sort through various mechanical and electrical devices, pulling out the needed equipment. She arranged the items on the work bench, sitting down and taking a few moments of silence to orginize her thoughts and bring to mind the proper rituals of construction.

Her thoughts focused, Haxta got to work.
Tyyr
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Tyyr »

Phebia watched Haxta leave and turned to Milo. "I think this will be the best way to handle it. You will have control over when I come to find you and we can avoid bad timing. Just remember to allow some warning time. I doubt I'll be able to be close enough to burst in at a moment's notice."
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

Trask nodded. "Of course," he said. "I couldn't even guess at a lead time anyway, until we see how we're getting inside the oranization."
as Bull offed Custer
Aaron
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Aaron »

Arl appears in the mess hall doorway, his head encased in his ever-present gas mask. Though he has shed his poncho and armor, he still wears his vest with hand cannon holstered over his torso. He scans the room from left to right until his eye pieces settle on the psyker and the rest of your party. Stepping over the hatch coaming he makes his way to your table, you can just make out a light thumping noise as his heavier right foot impacts on the floor.

Stopping short of the table he addresses Trask and Phebia.

+++Mr. Trask, Sister Phebia. I would speak with you if you have a moment.+++
Tyyr
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Tyyr »

"Of course," Phebia replied.