Find The Founders XII

Nickswitz
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Re: Find The Founders XII

Post by Nickswitz »

Ok, So, I'll take the first watch then, and then someone can relieve me halfway through the night.
The world ended

"Insanity -- a perfectly rational adjustment to an insane world" - R.D.Lang
Angharrad
Captain
Captain
Location: In the big chair, finally, swinging my feet 'cause I'm short. Lower the chair Scotty DAMMIT

Post by Angharrad »

I'll take the second watch. After all, I do know how to tend a fire.
“You cannot play God then wash your hands of the things that you've created. Sooner or later, the day comes when you can't hide from the things that you've done anymore.”

And then Buffy staked Edward. The End.

From Slave to Princess
Nickswitz
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Nickswitz »

Well good, so you should try and get some sleep now Foxx, as you'll be up late for the watch. Also, everyone remember, we don't have much food left, we can have a whole three meals for everyone for about 2 days, however, if we cut it down to 2 meals, or share a food package we could last a little longer.

Just wondering, how long will the transmitter last? if it won't last very long we may be stranded for good.
The world ended

Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

I'll take the third shift. Shifts of 2 hours each should work fine, I'd imagine.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

As the survivors work, the sky darkens slowly, and the cold intensifies as the blizzard increases in force. By the time darkness sets, the temperature has dropped to -50 F, and visibility has been reduced to a few feet. They huddle in their makeshift shelter between the two remaining pods, and wait.

Night
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

Chief Sionnach mutters to himself, rubbing his hands together futilely as he waits for his watch partner to return. Staplic has been gone for quite a while, and the Chief finally decides to head back into the shelter. He himself has been looking for someone, who appears to have found somewhere else to hide.

"Psst." he hears, the voice close in the driving wind. He looks around, and sees nothing but a white curtain of snow. As he turns back, he notices the snowbank next to one of the pods move slightly. He draws his phaser, inching closer as the wind dies down momentarily. He kicks the pile of snow, and watches as the powdery crystals fly away in a fresh gust of wind. He sighs with relief.

He turns around to see a familiar face an inch from his own.

"Hel..." he manages to get out a brief shout of warning before the Founder's arm grips his throat. The phaser is ripped from his hand from behind along with several of his fingers, but he is unable to scream; the Founder's grip is too tight around his trachea. The shapeshifter's face leans in close, trying to change for a moment before returning to it's previous form.

" Where is he?" the Founder asks, releasing it's grip enough for him to whisper.

"Go to hell..." he tries to spit in its face, but the spittle freezes in mid-flight, clinking off of the Founder's chin before blowing away.

"You first." It quips before clenching it's fist. It yanks back, tearing his throat out with a thick pop, and stands aside as his blood sprays out, staining the pristine snow a sickly pink color. In a few moments, both the stain and the Chief are covered in a layer of snowfall.

The two Founders smile, and return to the shelter carefully; no one even noticed they were gone.

Ensign Staplic carefully stalks to the other side of the shelter, not noticing the absence of the three Founders in the darkness. He is perfectly intent on his target; his skepticism has gotten the best of him, and he must know the truth. He sneaks up as close as possible, trying to find any evidence against his target when he notices a small tripwire at head height. He quietly sighs as he ducks under it, only to run into another wire at his waist.

The rigged phaser blasts a hole in his face large enough to fit a hand through. His corpse falls into a third tripwire, which brings a large piece of debris down on the remainder of his head, splattering brains and blood in a short arc inside the shelter.

The Ensign nicknamed Sonic Glitch had died on the Masamune; his replacement carefully makes his way out of the other side of the shelter. His partners have gone out the opposite way toward their target. He listens to the solids breathe as they sleep, and muses on the inefficiencies of their limited forms as he partially shape-shifts out of the escape pod's hatch, careful not to shift too much; the extreme cold is limiting their abilities.

As he turns to go around the back of the shelter, he notices a shadowed form watching him from the nearby snowbank. He turns toward it, and a sharp piece of crash debris pierces his chest. He laughs at first, but soon realizes his inability to shift around it like he normally would. A harsh voice behind him growls, " So you are one of them. Good. I'd much rather kill you bastards, but I'll kill everyone here if I have to."

Before the Founder replacing Sonic Glitch has a chance to reply, he is blown into golden goo by the unknown assailant's phaser. The gel freezes into small glittering shards before they hit the snow, and his attacker retreats silently back into the shelter.

The figure on the nearby snowbank also retreats, carefully waiting until the attacker has entered before sneaking into a hatch on the opposite side of the pod.

With the break of day comes some limited warmth; the temperature increases to -30 F, and as the remaining survivors find the aftermath of the evening's events, they begin to realize that the planet is entering it's winter season...
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
Nickswitz
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Nickswitz »

Holy Crap!! Three of us are gone, there's only two bodies though...

Wonder where the other one is?

Nothing happened during my watch, I guess that means it was during Rochey's watch...

Was anyone else watching too?
The world ended

Lazar
Captain
Captain

Post by Lazar »

Great Bird! What just happened?
"There was also a large horse in the room, taking up most of it."
stitch626
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by stitch626 »

Holy crap! At its worst I didn't expect this carnage.

Ok, Chief Sionnach is gone. I see... :: counts silently :: ... we're missing Staplic and Glitch as well. And one of them was a Founder. We can sort out which one later. Right now we need to figure out how three people were killed in a night when most should have been asleep.
No trees were killed in transmission of this message. However, some electrons were mildly inconvenienced.
Angharrad
Captain
Captain
Location: In the big chair, finally, swinging my feet 'cause I'm short. Lower the chair Scotty DAMMIT

Post by Angharrad »

I didn't see anything during my watch either. This is bad, we're all going to die.
“You cannot play God then wash your hands of the things that you've created. Sooner or later, the day comes when you can't hide from the things that you've done anymore.”

From Slave to Princess
stitch626
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by stitch626 »

Its highly unlikely that we'll all die. Unless this weather gets worse tonight. By the way, if anyone does lose feeling in their extremities, let me know and I'll give you something.
No trees were killed in transmission of this message. However, some electrons were mildly inconvenienced.
Monroe
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Monroe »

"This is bad, I didn't expect Sionnoch to die... I half thought he was one of the Founders. Did Bob ever return?"
How many Minbari does it take to screw in a lightbulb?
None. They always surrender right before they finish the job and never tell you why.

-Remain Star Trek-
Angharrad
Captain
Captain

Post by Angharrad »

stitch626 wrote:Its highly unlikely that we'll all die. Unless this weather gets worse tonight. By the way, if anyone does lose feeling in their extremities, let me know and I'll give you something.
I think I would rather let my fingers fall off then trust you to not poison me. Nothing personal. Right now, I don't trust anyone.

From Slave to Princess
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Mark »

I found Staplic. Hard to recoginse him without a face, but the body I found is Staplic's general size and shape. I also found some frozen "goo". Very nasty looking I'll add.
They say that in the Army,
the women are mighty fine.
They look like Phyllis Diller,
and walk like Frankenstein.
stitch626
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by stitch626 »

Ok, so the dead Founder was the late Sonic. Thats one down.

And Foxx, I take no offense at you not trusting me, but the fact is there is nothing for me to poison you with. We've got a bit of sedative, not even enough to knock a person out, and several vials of stims. All the stims do is increase a persons metabolism and blood flow, and after a certain amount, they don't have any increasing effect. So I can't poison anyone, no matter how hard I, or anyone else here, might try.
:: looks at the remains of Sionnach ::
Just like I can't bring back the dead.