Find The Founders XII

Nickswitz
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Re: Find The Founders XII

Post by Nickswitz »

I was planning on staying up all night to keep the fire going, if they come after me, they're gonna get a torch in their slimy golden self... Just remember that, whoever you are, you will be summarily burned and then shot. Oh, that's a warning to all of you too, because I won't discriminate, you come near me, you get burned.
The world ended

"Insanity -- a perfectly rational adjustment to an insane world" - R.D.Lang
stitch626
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by stitch626 »

Please be careful with the flames, I don't have a burn unit available either.
Anyway, I plan on working on the broken medical equipment, see what I can salvage. Then maybe sleep.
No trees were killed in transmission of this message. However, some electrons were mildly inconvenienced.
Nickswitz
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Nickswitz »

Everyone has been thoroughly warned, if you come near me tonight, prepare to be set on fire. I will not hold back, because I don't trust any of you truthfully. Well, some I trust more than others, but still not enough to not torch you if you come close to me at night...
The world ended

stitch626
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by stitch626 »

I can guarantee I won't even try.
No trees were killed in transmission of this message. However, some electrons were mildly inconvenienced.
Nickswitz
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Nickswitz »

Well then, You'll be fine tonight... :hot
The world ended

Lazar
Captain
Captain

Post by Lazar »

I'll be looking for building materials until nightfall. Just remember to stay calm, because the last thing we need is to kill each other out of paranoia.
"There was also a large horse in the room, taking up most of it."
bob
Lieutenant jg
Lieutenant jg

Post by bob »

nope, just hide cause of it.
I'm now off to find a cave for the nights on this godforsaken ice ball.
::walks of in a direction, then stops::
"are there any tricorders?"
::continues walking::
Anonymous lol
"Quantum" it'll make ya do things unexpectedly
Don't read this. Believe me, it's better for your health.
There! :p
hahahahahaha!
stitch626
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by stitch626 »

Hey, don't just walk into the snowstorm!
Make a shelter here near the fire, make an igloo, make a burrow, but don't walk off!
Lt. Staplic
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral
Commendations: Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Post by Lt. Staplic »

Let's just get these dang things set up. Just sitting here talking will kill us sure as a Founder.
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.
stitch626
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by stitch626 »

I agree. I'll help set up till it gets late.
Nickswitz
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Nickswitz »

I'll keep the fire going, as well as help to set stuff up... All the food was cooked for the night, so hopefully everyone enjoys..

What needs to be set up?
:: walks over to everyone handin out the meals, as well as looking at things to do... ::
The world ended

Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Did IQs just drop sharply amongst the officer ranks? Do you people truely not realise the utter foolishness of standing around on your own when there are shapeshifting monsters after us? Plan on staying up all night? I hope you've got 360o night vision. Because they can just turn into a rock and start inching closer and closer every time you turn your back on them. It's utter suicide!
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Nickswitz
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Nickswitz »

Right, and of course going to sleep is so much smarter... :roll:

My plan is smarter than sleeping, at least I can defend myself if something does happen, if I was asleep I would just be killed... So what would you suggest we do, Sionnach?
The world ended

stitch626
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by stitch626 »

Actually chief they can't. They are, as a semi-fluid being, more succeptable to cold than we are. Therefore, if they shift out of their parkas, which are most likely real, they will freeze. Therefore, being spread out away from the fire with one or two keeping it going at all times is the safest course of action.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Nickswitz wrote:Right, and of course going to sleep is so much smarter... :roll:
Which is why we set a watch. Not perfect, but far better than just sitting around in the open.
Nickswitz wrote:My plan is smarter than sleeping, at least I can defend myself if something does happen, if I was asleep I would just be killed... So what would you suggest we do, Sionnach?
And what about tomorrow, when you're on the verge of exhaustion? We haven't exactly had an easy day, and not sleeping is only going to make things worse. Tomorrow night there's a good chance you'll simply collapse from exhaustion. We've no idea how long it'll take help to arrive. We need to sleep at some point or another. Wandering off on our own will just make us easy targets.
stitch626 wrote:Actually chief they can't. They are, as a semi-fluid being, more succeptable to cold than we are. Therefore, if they shift out of their parkas, which are most likely real, they will freeze. Therefore, being spread out away from the fire with one or two keeping it going at all times is the safest course of action.
We don't know whether or not they'll be susceptible to this level of cold. For all we know it could be just fine for them. Hell, if the wind picks up and it start snowing heavily it won't matter if they can't shapeshift, as they'll be more than capable of just wandering up to us without being seen. With just one pair of increasingly tired eyes keeping watch for the entire night, you're going to be easy prey. Ever tried to stay awake and alert all night long? You can certainly stay awake, but staying alert is pretty damn difficult. Trust me, I've been in such situations before.

If we're in a group with one or more people oin watch, then we can rotate people every couple of hours, allowing everyone to get some rest and ensuring that our sentry is fresh and alert. Also, if we're in a group it makes it a lot harder for them to pick us off. Simply moving towards their target would risk waking others or alerting the guard.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"