USS Daystrom Stats

Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

Thorin wrote:Say what?
You mean mine? The coconut palm is highly flexible, thus survives storms that would snap a rigid tree.

Palm Tree
Last edited by Tsukiyumi on Sat May 10, 2008 1:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
Monroe
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Monroe »

I've only gone up like 20 :( I think its safe to say I'll never be in the top 10 again. People i don't even recognize have almost as much posts as I do lol
Monroe
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Monroe »

I think the saying says the Willow Tree not the Cocunut Tree.
lrn2philsophize dude :P
Duskofdead
Captain
Captain

Post by Duskofdead »

Sorry Monroe :( It's us whipper-snapper upstarts.
Monroe
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Monroe »

I know! Who are you? You only post in the trek subjects? Cause I usually only post in the nonTrek threads :P
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

Monroe wrote:I've only gone up like 20 :( I think its safe to say I'll never be in the top 10 again. People i don't even recognize have almost as much posts as I do lol
What can I say? This is the only forum I'm a member of.
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
Thorin
Captain
Captain

Post by Thorin »

Tsukiyumi wrote:
Thorin wrote:Say what?
You mean mine? The coconut palm is highly flexible, thus survives storms that would snap a rigid tree.

Palm Tree
Yes, I actually know what a palm tree is. I even tried to google that particular saying. Fair to say it didn't show up :wink:

American idioms are the bane of my life, though.

Beware, my idioms are far, far greater and more terrible than anything you could possibly have in your arsenal. Google 'Yorkshire', or something :wink:
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

Monroe wrote:I think the saying says the Willow Tree not the Cocunut Tree.
lrn2philsophize dude :P
I wasn't using the saying, I was using my own analogy. Besides, a palm is way more flexible than a willow. :P
Duskofdead
Captain
Captain

Post by Duskofdead »

Monroe wrote:I know! Who are you? You only post in the trek subjects? Cause I usually only post in the nonTrek threads :P
That's probably why you don't know me, yeah. I got into gi-normous back and forths with Rochey and Seafort about the Federation not being one big pile of suck (paraphrasing of course) across multiple Trek topics. That's where I started out. I didn't get into the more off topic areas till more recently, when the Trek discussion went off a cliff, I got into the politics and what not. Just checked out this area very recently, last few days.
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

Thorin wrote:Beware, my idioms are far, far greater and more terrible than anything you could possibly have in your arsenal. Google 'Yorkshire', or something :wink:
That sounds like a challenge. :D

You could always retract that; remember that "a stitch in time saves nine". :wink:
Thorin
Captain
Captain

Post by Thorin »

You won't beat this.

I've said before, but Patrick Stewart (Captain Picard) comes from Yorkshire, and indeed from my very hometown. He's chancellor of my local university, too, and I've 'met' him there.

In fact, on that wikipedia page (completely coincidentally), I found this;
# Star Trek: The Next Generation - In episode 156 & 157 Gambit, Captain Jean-Luc Picard, played by Yorkshireman Patrick Stewart, bears a distinct Huddersfield accent.
Look at my location. :wink:
Monroe
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Monroe »

How's that make you feel knowing someone born in England has a frenchie name in the future? :P
Thorin
Captain
Captain

Post by Thorin »

Isn't that some sort of injoke? The fact he's French yet is the most English crewmember onboard?
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

Thorin wrote:You won't beat this.

I've said before, but Patrick Stewart (Captain Picard) comes from Yorkshire, and indeed from my very hometown. He's chancellor of my local university, too, and I've 'met' him there.

In fact, on that wikipedia page (completely coincidentally), I found this;
# Star Trek: The Next Generation - In episode 156 & 157 Gambit, Captain Jean-Luc Picard, played by Yorkshireman Patrick Stewart, bears a distinct Huddersfield accent.
Look at my location. :wink:
Pride cometh before a fall, Thorin. :wink:
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

Oh, I'm sorry. I thought you were proposing a duel of axioms, idioms, colloquialisms, etc.