USS Daystrom sign in

Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Teaos »

Its a decent design but a bit sparce for our needs. We need a few more stations like Omens or Thorins.
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
DarkOmen
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by DarkOmen »

i went with the shape i did with the conference room, ready room and turbolift behind the bridge because if you look at the schematic of the akira, decks 1 and 2 are much longer than they are wide. so i figured everything would be along the longitudinal axis.

like so:

Granitehewer
Captain
Captain

Post by Granitehewer »

Right chaps, where does a diplomat feature in this mission, i mean clearly if the mission is not primarily a diplomatic one,then my influence or authority, may be summarily curtailed. As want everyone to be happy,thought we could come to a unified consensus.
P.s. Was thinking, as am section 31 and a diplomat, might it be ok, for me to have preexisting(and to cultivate more) assets and contacts to use in the rpg; such as admirals, double agents, vulnerable individuals, both in the federation and opposing governments.
PTLLS (Tees Achieve), DipHE App Bio (Northumbria), BSc Psychology (Teesside), Comparative Planetology (LJMU), High Energy Astrophysics (LJMU), Mobile Robotics/Physics (Swinburne), Genetics (SAC), Quant Meths (SAC)
https://www.facebook.com/PeterBrayshay
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

Anyone can let me know if I'm wrong, but Ifigure the ops interfaces for ship systems (AG, life support, etc.) would be housed in engineering - or would there be a secondary location?
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Granitehewer
Captain
Captain

Post by Granitehewer »

metalhead,won't have net access for a few days
PTLLS (Tees Achieve), DipHE App Bio (Northumbria), BSc Psychology (Teesside), Comparative Planetology (LJMU), High Energy Astrophysics (LJMU), Mobile Robotics/Physics (Swinburne), Genetics (SAC), Quant Meths (SAC)
https://www.facebook.com/PeterBrayshay
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

Mikey there would be a secondary location od bridge for stuff like that.

I was thinking the diplomat would act like the ships counciler. Giving advice to the captian on dealings with others. Having inside information could work for us to. If we run across another Federation ship you could give us a run down on thier captain.

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

I meant, for the primary controls for each particular system - obviously we have an ops station on the bridge, but is there an "environmental control room" (or station) and suchlike for gravity, one for life support, etc.?
as Bull offed Custer
Blackstar the Chakat
Banned

Post by Blackstar the Chakat »

Mikey wrote:
I meant, for the primary controls for each particular system - obviously we have an ops station on the bridge, but is there an "environmental control room" (or station) and suchlike for gravity, one for life support, etc.?
Well, the Galaxy-class bridge doe have an Environment station. I'm looking at my TNG tech manual that says it's normally unmanned due to automation. It monitors status and performance for atmosphere, temperature, gravity, inertia damping, sheilding subsystems, as well as recycling, and reprocessing systems to insure a continueus supply of consumables(water, air, food). When unattended it'll alert ops of anything requiring the crew's attention. During alert situations it moniters and allocates life support resources to maximize crew survivability. The environmental systems officer(when required on the bridge is authorized to initiate red and yellow alerts and is responsible for execution of survival scinarios, like evacuation to shelter areas.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

Thanks for the info, Blackstar. I guess I will have to think of SOMEPLACE for my on-duty staff to go...
as Bull offed Custer
Thorin
Captain
Captain

Post by Thorin »

Okay we need to decide what bridge we are using, because we're now all on the bridge! Teaos just make your mind up :wink:
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

I'll be with Omens since it has more stations for us all to be at. I also like the placement of the ready room and escape pods. Very practical.

Thorin
Captain
Captain

Post by Thorin »

Okay, I still think we need another one or two stations though (and a master systems display).
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

I think there's room for us th assume an MSD and an extra multi-use console or two... the doorways shouldn't take as much room as was noted.
as Bull offed Custer
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Captain Seafort »

Something I dashed off for engineering.

Blue - the warp core, with M/AM streams comming in from port and starboard just to be different. A single plasma conduit out the back, that splits further aft.

Grey - Chief Engineer's office, with a desk console and a freestanding station for general tinkering.

Red - doors.

Green - MSD pool table

Yellow - all other consoles.

Thoughts? Good? Bad? Ugly?
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

I like it.
It's simple, functional, and spacious.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"