Find the Founders XI

Lt. Staplic
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral
Commendations: Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Re: Find the Founders XI

Post by Lt. Staplic »

I agree, so that's two up for Monroe, anyone else?
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.
Monroe
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Monroe »

"View screen aside there's plenty of evidence for the Rochey. Yes the away team plan has holes but you have yet to suggest anything."
How many Minbari does it take to screw in a lightbulb?
None. They always surrender right before they finish the job and never tell you why.

-Remain Star Trek-
Lt. Staplic
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Lt. Staplic »

he has, we're discussing right now who we think are pirates, if there is a general consensus then we blow them out of the sky. It is our only option, and a much better alternative to simply waiting it out, and hoping that we make it to the planet before the Pirates kill us all, take the loot and kill the people on the planet that need these supplies.
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

"Plenty of evidence"? By all means, share this evidence with the rest of us. So far your argument hinges on the fact that I suggested trying to figure out who's not who they claim to be and take them down.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Lazar
Captain
Captain

Post by Lazar »

I vote Monroe. I see no indication that Rochey is a pirate.
"There was also a large horse in the room, taking up most of it."
Monroe
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Monroe »

"You really going to take a gamble on killing my entire crew? I invite you all to send shuttles over to my ship and explore it and report back. If you don't hear back from the shuttle then you know something is up."
None. They always surrender right before they finish the job and never tell you why.

-Remain Star Trek-
Lt. Staplic
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Lt. Staplic »

as I've already pointed out the crews are either sympathetic to the pirates or pirates themselves. Either way, they'd be able to perform like Starfleet personnel to make it long enough to be assigned this mission. Since we haven't heard a peep from anyone on the Pirate ships I know that the loyal Starfleet officers don't exist on the pirate's ships.
Monroe
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Monroe »

"True, but you also know that if you're wrong you have killed many people who are your friends in war. So, grab a few men you can trust and come over. They can look over the ship and leave once they're satisfied. "

-Remain Star Trek-
Lt. Staplic
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Lt. Staplic »

again, that will have little effect, if the ships are somehow able to overcome the black-out to use their thrusters and weapons, they'd have the technological ability to wipe that from the ships records, and the crew can obviously act. we all understand the concequences if we're wrong, however times are desperate and we all knew the risks when we joined Starfleet.
Monroe
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Monroe »

"You seem to be full of excuses. I very much doubt that a pirate crew could maintain not just the crew numbers, but how clean and efficient starfleet ships run on. If the crew of the Straplic are too cowardly to show their faces to another Starfleet ship would anyone else care to take a visit? The Mark perhaps?"

-Remain Star Trek-
Lt. Staplic
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Lt. Staplic »

WE are not cowards!

But I will also point out that these "excuses" are all valid points, the only one of which you've refuted is the fact that they can act like a starfleet crew, but they must be able to. To be assigned to this mission SF Command would have had to think they were still loyal.
Monroe
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Monroe »

"I very much doubt pirates would be able to find full crew compliments for two vessels and the longer we wait the better the odds of them doctoring the computer. It would be difficult to eradicate every mention of crew members from datapads to holodeck sex simulations. Someone board my ship damnit."

-Remain Star Trek-
Lt. Staplic
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Lt. Staplic »

that depends, it's not like any of our ships have huge crew complements anyway, and we don't know for sure that they did replace the entire crew, half could simply be sympathizers, traitors, etc.

Starfleet computers have never been the most secure, either. Once the captain took command he could reprogram the computer however he liked.
Monroe
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Monroe »

"True. But it would take time. So would cleaning up blood spills from a ship take over. Blast scars aren't easy to clean either. So would you please send a shuttle over? It would make me feel better about you. I'll prep one, and with your permission send one to your ship."

-Remain Star Trek-
Lt. Staplic
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Lt. Staplic »

the plan has been on for sometime, as Captain Hindenburg said, months perhaps, more than enough time to reprogram a comptuter (about ten times) as well as clean up from any take over damage.

and once again I will point out flaws in the shuttle system:

None of us will give the shuttle crews full access two of us because their hiding their secrets, the rest of us because we don't want our systems exposed to the pirates, so there's suspicion already. If you do open your systems up, it's easy enough to plant evidence, information transfer devices have been around since the 21st century, the pirates could easily copy their logs from the shootings onto another ships core and frame them.

So no I will not send a crew to your ship where they will probably find nothing, because if you are a starfleet captain, you won't open up your ship to possible takeover, or as a pirate to possible discovery. I also will not allow anyone to board my ship in case they are in fact pirates.