Ship of the Week: D'Deridex

The Next Generation
Blackstar the Chakat
Banned

Post by Blackstar the Chakat »

What did the Remans have to do with the Scimitar. Slaves to build it at most, and I'm sure the Tal Shiar and the military have the design plans for the ship.
Granitehewer
Captain
Captain

Post by Granitehewer »

Agreed, i collect 'trek ships and sculpt some, but noone seems to do a small scale scimitar,its a royal pain in the ass
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Teaos »

The Remans would of had to have influence in it. the design alone is enough to show its not done by traditional Romulan designs.

Also I doubt they had a lot of help from Romulans. Just a few well placed people. I can't imagin to many willing to sell out their race to the slaves.
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
Granitehewer
Captain
Captain

Post by Granitehewer »

but the romulan military, or elements within,didn't see it that way at all, they saw it as a chance for unbridled actions against the federation., without the censoring influence of the senate.
also the scimitar may be 'out of the box' but that doesn't disprove romulan heritage
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

I'm sure it wouldn't be possible for the Remans to design a ship WITHOUT any Romulan influence.

As far as the military goes, even with the senate "dusted," elements of the Romulan military sided with the E-E in an attempt to stop the Scimitar.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Granitehewer
Captain
Captain

Post by Granitehewer »

moohahaha mon petite mikey, i did say 'or elements within', now if you beg, we can start afresh lol
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

They sided with the Enterprise becuase they knew what the results would be if they didn't. Massive war and an arms race that we would win since we have the trump weapon... Genesis.

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

I don't care as MUCH why they did, as long as they did.

And there WAS an intimation that the planet-scale genocide for which the Scimitar was built was as distasteful to the Norexan captain as it is to us.
as Bull offed Custer
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

The romulans would have lost the war and most of them knew it. Starfleet was still more then able to beat them in a fight and even with those new ships they still wouldn't have had enough of them.
Jinsei wa cho no yume, shi no tsubasa no bitodesu
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

The difference is if they had destroyed Earth we wouldn't have accepted a surrender and set up a neutral zone. We would have destroyed them so totally they would never threaten anyone again.

Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

Military deterrence is a perfectly acceptable political tool.
as Bull offed Custer
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Captain Seafort »

Teaos wrote:The difference is if they had destroyed Earth we wouldn't have accepted a surrender and set up a neutral zone. We would have destroyed them so totally they would never threaten anyone again.
If the Scimitar had wiped out all life on Earth I doubt Starfleet would have been in any shape to respond, given the concentration of assets there - Starfleet Command, the Academy, Earth Spacedock, Earth Sation McKinley, the Federation Council, the Office of the Federation President, the list goes on. If they'd taken out Mars as well, with Utopia Planitia, that would have taken out the Federation's main construction facility. With so many crucial governmental and military C&C facilities depopulated the Federation would have been crippled.
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

It would have been a massive blow but the ship would have been severly damaged or destroyed in the attack so its out of the picture. Earths defense fleet which it seemed to have in the Voager finally would have finished it off.

Then the remainer of the Federation and Klingon fleets would rampage across Romulan space. The other powers would help because they you be scared of the weapon and want to finally destroy the Romulans.

It would cripple the Federation and take time to rebuild but it should survive. Maybe not in the same state though with the massive human influence gone.

Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Captain Seafort »

Teaos wrote:It would have been a massive blow but the ship would have been severly damaged or destroyed in the attack so its out of the picture. Earths defense fleet which it seemed to have in the Voager finally would have finished it off.
If they can find it. The film was somewhat vague regarding where the Scimitar could fire its thayleron weapon while cloaked, or through it's shields, but assuming it could the first warning Earth would have would be when the population started crumbling. As for the fleet, a competant commander (i.e. not Shinzon) could avoid them easilly. The only problem would be if the shields and cloak had to be dropped to fire the weapon - in which case it would be vulnerable.
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

When they went to fire the main weapon they needed a lot of power the cloak was down and they didn't raise it again. Such a weapon would light up every radiation scan in the sector. That and if just one of our starbases had locked on to him he would be toast!
Jinsei wa cho no yume, shi no tsubasa no bitodesu