Ship of the Week: D'Deridex

The Next Generation
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Teaos »

Yeah I though something like that to but then you wonder why we didn't see those ships during the Dominion war when everyone was going all out.
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Good point.
Maybe they were only sending the average power ships, or ships they had enough of to comfortably lose, while keeping the best ships for their own defence.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

Yeah sounds like something they'd do. But I'd hardly call a D'Deridex something you don't care about lossing. Those things would be massivly resourse intensive. Both in materials and personal.

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Perhaps they're made of sub-standard materials and equipment? They don't seem particularly tough, so they may simply be that size for intimidation purposes.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Thorin
Captain
Captain

Post by Thorin »

I just think its retarded Romulans only ever use one type of ship. That's worse than Federation tactics (if that's possible...).
Blackstar the Chakat
Banned

Post by Blackstar the Chakat »

I loved the pre-Nemesis warbirds. They're stylish but a unique design as well. And they're green, the perfect color for Romulans.

As far as function I think they're multi-purpose workhorses, like the Galaxy-class should be in the next post-Voyager series. They seem on-par with the Galaxy-class but given their larger size they should be stronger if built only for combat. I'm betting they're starting to show their age during the war, which is why the Romulans have the two new classes of ships, that Valdore-type and the Scimitar, being developed and deployed.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

I don't think we can consider the Scimitar as a production starship - more like a one-off that would be too resource-intensive to build in numbers. That is, if anyone still alive knew how to build one...
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Granitehewer
Captain
Captain

Post by Granitehewer »

the scimitar is a bit like the maus or E-100 tanks from late war germany, i think, a little impractical really to be mass produced or to even be that effective
Blackstar the Chakat
Banned

Post by Blackstar the Chakat »

Mikey wrote:I don't think we can consider the Scimitar as a production starship - more like a one-off that would be too resource-intensive to build in numbers. That is, if anyone still alive knew how to build one...
Well, I think it's like the Dominion 'dreadnaght' ship or the Negh'var, serving as the Romulan Flagship with a handful being built. And I doubt that the Romulan leaders, and the Scimitar's crew are the only one's with a blueprint for it. And even without the Thallaron radiation weapon the Scimitar is still a formidable craft.
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

Also the thing was built in secret so maybe they don't know how to build it. The designs may be lost.

Granitehewer
Captain
Captain

Post by Granitehewer »

its not like the designs are a packet of peanuts,which can be casually mislaid, am sure, some of the romulan collaborators involved in the project will be alive,although whether their particular expertise is enough to resurrect the scimitar is a different matter, and there could be prototypes, or blueprints or even semi built hulls, afterall, even without the thaleron emitter,its still a formidable weapon, even to romulan dissenters in valdores
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

I'm not saying they are mislaid. I'm saying that only a select few have access to them namely the Remans so it is not likely it is going to be put into production until the Empire calms down.

Granitehewer
Captain
Captain

Post by Granitehewer »

aaaaaaaaaaaah but i thinks that it was the romulan collaborators in the military that designed/build it at the secret base,rather than the reman slave-miners
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

Some secret reserch went into it. The huge planet killer weapon and the advanced cloak. It was also very fast and manuverable for a Romulan ship which is odd.

Granitehewer
Captain
Captain

Post by Granitehewer »

unless the remans are faaaast learners or some are educated pretty highly