ITS A TRAP! ARGHHH

MetalHead
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

ITS A TRAP! ARGHHH

Post by MetalHead »

"Beware what you intend to say, those words will always make you pay." - Soilwork

Booze and Strippers!
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

That was...different.

What was that second clip from? The one with the man-eating chest?

And does anyone else now think that Saving Private Ryan would go briliantly with Star Wars music?
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Aaron
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Aaron »

Rochey wrote:That was...different.

And does anyone else now think that Saving Private Ryan would go briliantly with Star Wars music?
It's from John Carpenter's The Thing.
MetalHead
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by MetalHead »

Cpl Kendall wrote:
Rochey wrote:That was...different.

It's from John Carpenter's The Thing.
Which is actually a really good film, give it a watch
"Beware what you intend to say, those words will always make you pay." - Soilwork

Booze and Strippers!
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Okay, I've never seen it, but I'll probably rent it some time soon out of sheer curiosity. I've never before seen a film in which some guy's hands gets eaten by a chest.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Granitehewer
Captain
Captain

Post by Granitehewer »

'The Thing' is a john carpenter masterpiece,and excudes sheer terror better than 'halloween'(why make a slasher wear a white-painted william shatner mask?!) 'the fog'(which is actually pretty suspenseful )and 'ghosts of mars'(raucous fun with an anthrax soundtrack)
MetalHead
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by MetalHead »

Granitehewer wrote:'The Thing' is a john carpenter masterpiece,and excudes sheer terror better than 'halloween'(why make a slasher wear a white-painted william shatner mask?!) 'the fog'(which is actually pretty suspenseful )and 'ghosts of mars'(raucous fun with an anthrax soundtrack)
The Thing was horrifying not because of the effects and monsters and so on, but because of the paranoia and the lack of irony the audience often recieves in films.

Booze and Strippers!
Granitehewer
Captain
Captain

Post by Granitehewer »

for me,its the sense of isolation too, like in the 'hills have eyes' remake and 'the descent' or even 'Creep/Deathline', isolation+paranoia= personal terror
Monroe
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Monroe »

haha. I liked that The Thing. The old one still good I think though.
MetalHead
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by MetalHead »

Monroe wrote:haha. I liked that The Thing. The old one still good I think though.
I loved the whole 'blood test' bit. creepy as hell

Booze and Strippers!
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

John Carpenter's 'The Thing' is, to this day, one of the best horror films ever made. Last time I saw it, the SFX still looked awesome as well. Very creepy.
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
Granitehewer
Captain
Captain

Post by Granitehewer »

i love the cold war paranoia...anyone could be an alien, i mean, communist, even your friends, neighbours, coworkers.....
Anyone see, the original 'The Thing' film, loosely based on the same short story, apparently Stephen King is a big fan, but deigns to call the original monster, 'a demented carrot' :-)
PTLLS (Tees Achieve), DipHE App Bio (Northumbria), BSc Psychology (Teesside), Comparative Planetology (LJMU), High Energy Astrophysics (LJMU), Mobile Robotics/Physics (Swinburne), Genetics (SAC), Quant Meths (SAC)
https://www.facebook.com/PeterBrayshay