I had no idea...

Trek Books, Games and General chat
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award, Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Re: I had no idea...

Post by RK_Striker_JK_5 »

Bah, the TOS production department made due with what they had. ;) Can the French military say that? :takecover: :laughroll:
Nickswitz
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Nickswitz »

Well, I think they can, they had nothing and did nothing with it... :lol:
The world ended

"Insanity -- a perfectly rational adjustment to an insane world" - R.D.Lang
Vic
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Vic »

100% efficiency! :P
God is great, beer is good, and people are crazy.
.................................................Billy Currington
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Did you know that if you were to watch all episodes of Star Trek and all of the films back to back without taking any breaks, it would take you 22 days and 19 hours to get through it all?
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Vic
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Vic »

Sounds like the voice of experience.
God is great, beer is good, and people are crazy.
.................................................Billy Currington
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Graham Kennedy »

Here's one... those ship models, at TV quality level, cost something like $50,000 dollars each.
Give a man a fire, and you keep him warm for a day. SET a man on fire, and you will keep him warm for the rest of his life...
SomosFuga
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by SomosFuga »

Rochey wrote:Did you know that if you were to watch all episodes of Star Trek and all of the films back to back without taking any breaks, it would take you 22 days and 19 hours to get through it all?
including TAS and ST:XI?
Trata las situaciones estresantes como lo haría 1 perro: si no puedes comértelo o jugar con ello, méate encima y lárgate!!!

Handle stressful situations as a dog would: if you can't eat it or play with it, pee on it and get out of there!!!
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Not including TAS.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
SomosFuga
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by SomosFuga »

Majel Barret is the only performer to have had a role on all of the ST series (including TAS).

Also she guest-starred in B5 episode "Point of No Return" as Lady Morella, widow of the centauri emperor Turhan, she is a powerful telepath and prophet. In the same ep also featured Andreas Katsulas (Tomalak) as G'Kar, Vaughn Armstrong (admiral Forrest) as a security guard and Marshall Teague (a jemhadar) as Ta'Lon.
Trata las situaciones estresantes como lo haría 1 perro: si no puedes comértelo o jugar con ello, méate encima y lárgate!!!

Handle stressful situations as a dog would: if you can't eat it or play with it, pee on it and get out of there!!!
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Cool. Didn't know she was in B5.
thelordharry
Captain
Captain

Post by thelordharry »

Until last month, I had no idea that Walter Koenig was only brought into TOS to give the whole production a 'younger' feel and also because he looked a little bit like Davey Jones from The Monkees who were huge at the time. Wicktor Wicktor....
“To laugh often and much; to win the respect of intelligent people and
the affection of children...to leave the world a better place...to
know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived. This is
to have succeeded.”
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Graham Kennedy »

In the original pitch for Star Trek, the ship was going to be the Yorktown.

Continuing that idea, the behind the scenes explanation for how the 1701-A appeared so fast is that it was meant to be the USS Yorktown renamed and given a new NCC.

Jeri Ryan turned down the 7 of 9 role four times before finally accepting it.

Contrary to popular legend, at no point has Kirk ever said "Beam me up, Scotty."

Leonard Nimoy invented the Vulcan neck pinch when a scene called for him to bash somebody over the head to knock them unconscious. He thought blatant violence was too uncivilised for Spock. Nimoy also invented the spread fingers hand gesture, which he saw rabbis doing in religious services.

The Klingon species was named for Lt. Wilbur Clingan, who served on the LAPD with Gene Roddenberry.

The woman who takes Kirk's log recorder from him when it malfunctions in Star Trek V is his daughter in real life.

The TOS episode "Patterns of Force" is never shown in Germany because of the Nazi theme.

To watch all 726 episodes and and all 11 films back-to-back would take three weeks.

Zachary Quintos first meeting with Leonard Nimoy came when they both coincidentally ended up in a lift together. They stood there in an awkward silence until the doors opened again, then Nimoy turned to Quinto, smiled, and said "You have no idea what you're in for."
Give a man a fire, and you keep him warm for a day. SET a man on fire, and you will keep him warm for the rest of his life...
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

GrahamKennedy wrote:To watch all 726 episodes and and all 11 films back-to-back would take three weeks.
<em>Rochey</em> wrote:Did you know that if you were to watch all episodes of Star Trek and all of the films back to back without taking any breaks, it would take you 22 days and 19 hours to get through it all?
:P
SomosFuga
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by SomosFuga »

GrahamKennedy wrote:In the original pitch for Star Trek, the ship was going to be the Yorktown.

Continuing that idea, the behind the scenes explanation for how the 1701-A appeared so fast is that it was meant to be the USS Yorktown renamed and given a new NCC.

Jeri Ryan turned down the 7 of 9 role four times before finally accepting it.

Contrary to popular legend, at no point has Kirk ever said "Beam me up, Scotty."

Leonard Nimoy invented the Vulcan neck pinch when a scene called for him to bash somebody over the head to knock them unconscious. He thought blatant violence was too uncivilised for Spock. Nimoy also invented the spread fingers hand gesture, which he saw rabbis doing in religious services.

The Klingon species was named for Lt. Wilbur Clingan, who served on the LAPD with Gene Roddenberry.

The woman who takes Kirk's log recorder from him when it malfunctions in Star Trek V is his daughter in real life.

The TOS episode "Patterns of Force" is never shown in Germany because of the Nazi theme.

To watch all 726 episodes and and all 11 films back-to-back would take three weeks.

Zachary Quintos first meeting with Leonard Nimoy came when they both coincidentally ended up in a lift together. They stood there in an awkward silence until the doors opened again, then Nimoy turned to Quinto, smiled, and said "You have no idea what you're in for."

Leave something for us.
thelordharry wrote:Until last month, I had no idea that Walter Koenig was only brought into TOS to give the whole production a 'younger' feel and also because he looked a little bit like Davey Jones from The Monkees who were huge at the time. Wicktor Wicktor....
Walter Koenig was in B5 too, he was Alfred Bester, a powerful telepath bad guy.

What is "Star Trek: New Voyages"? and "Star Trek: Of Gods and Men"?

Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

SomosFuga wrote:What is "Star Trek: New Voyages"? and "Star Trek: Of Gods and Men"?
Books, I believe.