Showcase your own starship and weapon designs or other creative artwork
DarkOmen
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Eternity Class

Post by DarkOmen »

Here's my latest, started doodling at work, and turned into this:

The USS Lustrum, Eternity Class.

Right now, I have it as a Temporal Research vessel, inspired by the USS Relativity in the Voyager episode of the same name. I know its an odd classifiction, but i really thought the Relativity was cool, and i figured when voyager made it back, and Starfleet, specifically temporal investigation, read the reports on the Relativity, they decided to push for a more aggresive temporal research division.

I plan on making the ship decently powerful too, because the information contained on such a ship would be very sensitive and be a prime target for sabotage and subversion.

As always, let me know what you think.

Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Captain Seafort »

Nice looking ship - you can see the Relativity-esque bits, but it also has a clear lineage to the Steamrunner class. A good blend of the future and the past.

What's the translation of the ship's motto?
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

Agreed. Thats a sexy ship!
Jinsei wa cho no yume, shi no tsubasa no bitodesu
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Teaos »

Cool looking ship but the top view looks really weird. Not bad just unusual.

It definatly has Steamrunner influence in it.
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
shran
Commander
Commander

Post by shran »

I think it means something like: the truth will always appear.

As for the nacelles, I'd suggest making a slightly better blending of the nacelles with the hull.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

I think it's a great blend of the features seen on Relativity and Wells combined with current design features. Well Done!
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Captain Seafort »

Google comes up trumps

Veritum Dies Aperit - "Time Discovers the Truth". Nice, and appropriate for a Temporal Investigations ship.
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
DarkOmen
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by DarkOmen »

Thank you for the comments guys!! And good job to Cpt. Seafort for decoding the quote :)

To shran, I know what you mean, it looks like the nacelles arent really attached. I think I used the wrong line weight in CAD and made the boundary of it too dark, especially on the top view. I may go back and fix it.

I will try to get some specs up tonight too.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Nice ship. You can see the lineage from other vessels in it.

And damn it Seafort! You beat me to the quote! :lol:
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Monroe
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Monroe »

Very nice. Like the others said you can really see the linage of the other ships in this one. Soon as I saw it before I read your description I knew it was a temporal ship. Very classy.
Bryan Moore
Captain
Captain

Post by Bryan Moore »

Great stuff. I love the front view. The top is sorta odd, as previously stated. But a pretty cool design!
Don't you hear my call, though you're many years away, don't you hear me calling you?
DarkOmen
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by DarkOmen »

I made it sorta triangular/arrow shape becuase i was originally going to name it Times Arrow, but I decided that a two word name didnt sound as good.

And the litte spikes/hooks on the sides are in my minds, supposed to be some sort of sensor that needs to be away from the rest of the hull.