Borg Attack

Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Borg Attack

Post by Teaos »

Borg assault

Here's a scenario I have had in mind for awhile now. I figure we can hammer out the details now and I'll start it after the second Battle royal gets going.

Borg assault ala BoBW and FC.

A Borg cube is on the way to Earth, the allied fleet has only 12-15 turns to stop it (number of turns to be worked out latter) before it reaches Earth.

I figure I'll use the ship stats we already have for the Battle Royal, but assign each ship a point number. Big ships such as the Sovereign, Scimitar ect will be 3 points, mid ships such as the Vor'Cha will be 2 points and small ships such as the Intrepid ect will be 1 point.

The allied fleet will have something like 50 points available to it, the people playing the allied fleet get to build the fleet up to the available points. Everyone commands a ship like normal, if needed some people may command more than one ship. Everyone must work together to beat the Borg. I am also thinking of splitting the allied fleet up, first wave starts off with 40 available points and re-enforcements arrive every 5 turns equaling 20 something points, that way people who's ships get destroyed early on can rejoin.

Obviously there is room for many allied players.

The Borg will be commanded by a single person of my choosing and will have abilities that only I and him will know (until used) these will all be with in generally known Borg abilities. The secrecy is due to the Federation not knowing much about Borg ability during BoBW which this is based off.

The big difference between this round and the others is the map will be stationary and based around the Borg Cube. Since the Cube is moving at a steady pace towards Earth it appears to be still on the map even though it is moving forward. All the other ships just move in relation to the Cube.

There also wont be numbers for the distance between ships and the Cube, you can either be: Out of range, long range engagement, close engagement. Each position has its strengths and weaknesses and you can only do certain things in each area. You can move from one zone to the next each turn, but you can't jump all the way from out of range to up close. You can also move from one side of the cube to any adjacent side.

When out of range you get boosts in repairing and you even regenerate shielding. Obviously you also cant be attacked.

When in long range you can attack but with hit penalties and poor aiming.

Close range means you can do pin point attacks, no hit penalties and be harder to hit by the Borg.

The Borg Cube will be built like this: The Cube is made up of 125 blocks, essentially 5x5x5. So one side of the cube has a side made up 5x5 with 25 visible blocks. Imagin a rubix cube but 5x5 rather than 3x3.

Each section has a base value of strength (with the ability to be changed into something by the Borg commander). Each section must be touching 3 others to be "powered" and have the ability to host weaponary. Each section has the ability to be either, beam weapons, tractor beam, torpedo, armour or neutral. Only "exposed" sections can be anything but neutral. The exact stats of these sections are only known to the Borg commander.

To destroy the Borg you either have to do one of three things.

1) Destroy 70% of the ship. If you manage to cut power to areas of the ship by reducing their contact to other sections to less than 3 it counts as dead.

2) Destroy all 3 of the power units on board the cube. The power units are undetectable until uncovered by destroying adjacent sections.

3) Destroy the "hive mind" a unit that connects the minds of the drones on board. Location unknown until uncovered.

Thoughts? Ideas? Questions?
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
Nickswitz
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Re: Borg Attack

Post by Nickswitz »

I think it sounds like it could be a lot of fun... And very complicated.... I'll be in.
The world ended

"Insanity -- a perfectly rational adjustment to an insane world" - R.D.Lang
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

I'm in. I have a bit of a plan worked out already.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

We can use any of the ships from the previous battles?
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

Ok for the sake of letting you guys plan a bit better...

The allied fleet shall start with 50 points worth of ships, and extra 20 point of ships will be added every 5 turns.

The point values for ships are...

Stats on the ships can be found here.

4 point ships:
Paladin

3 point ships:
Scimitar
Dominion battleship
Negh'Var
Akira
Son'a battleship
GCS
Nebula

2 point ship:
Vor'Cha
Defiant
Norexian
Dominion cruiser
Keldon
Lakota

1 point ships:
Intrepid
Breen Frigate (EDW disabled)

I might possibly add more latter. If you have any ships you'd like to see just ask. I know it going to be a mixed fleet, we'll just use SOD.

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
stitch626
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by stitch626 »

I'll be in.
No trees were killed in transmission of this message. However, some electrons were mildly inconvenienced.
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Mark »

Oooohhh

I want in too.
They say that in the Army,
the women are mighty fine.
They look like Phyllis Diller,
and walk like Frankenstein.
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

I'm in, if theres a space :D
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Mark »

I want to command the Paladin class USS Templar. (for starters)
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

Should be fine, there will be room for lots of players, hell I think a few people will have more than one command to make up numbers.

Just get working on the fleet. You have 50 points to play with.

Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Mark »

Muhahahahaha....................I'll start putting together my fleet
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Mark »

We need artillery support as well.......maybe two or three Akiras gang? (I'm talking overall fleet, not just me.)
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

Its going to be interesting, there will be 50 points of ships commanded by several different people, the fleet needs a strategy for victory, but it also needs to addapt to the Borg techniques that will undoubtably evolve.

Go for the big Phalanx attack? Split up? A couple very powerful ships, or lots of weaker ones?

Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Mark »

Kamikaze runs? :happydevil:
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

You can certainly try... 8)