The Hirogen has no trouble smacking the puny creature around
33%

Total votes: 24
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Re: Hirogen vs. Klingon

Post by Mark »

Rochey wrote:Oh, it was a best seller alright. People thought it was a hilarious read.

Its required reading at the acadamy as an example of exactly what NOT to do.......
They say that in the Army,
the women are mighty fine.
They look like Phyllis Diller,
and walk like Frankenstein.
Captain Picard's Hair
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Captain Picard's Hair »

Yikes, I'd forgotten how huge and generally über the Hirogen were made out to be! :shock:
"If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wonderous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross... but it's not for the timid." Q, Q Who
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Nutso »

The Hirogen would kick the Klingon's butt so hard he'll never shit solid again.
"Bible, Wrath of Khan, what's the difference?"
Stan - South Park
SomosFuga
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by SomosFuga »

Captain Picard's Hair wrote:Yikes, I'd forgotten how huge and generally über the Hirogen were made out to be! :shock:
The problem is that this particular episode make the hirogen huge and generally uber because they are the new super powerful bad guys so this hirogen could probably kick any klingon's ass but we have never get to see hirogen this impresive again. The hirogen we saw in later episodes are way weaker than this ones and a klingon should be a worthy opponent.
Trata las situaciones estresantes como lo haría 1 perro: si no puedes comértelo o jugar con ello, méate encima y lárgate!!!

Handle stressful situations as a dog would: if you can't eat it or play with it, pee on it and get out of there!!!
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Mark »

That's a good point. The Hirogen DID seems to shrink to normal size as the series went on.
They say that in the Army,
the women are mighty fine.
They look like Phyllis Diller,
and walk like Frankenstein.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Perhaps a different ethicity within the species itself?
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Captain Picard's Hair
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Maybe the original "featured" Hirogen hunter was just a giant among his own kind? How many different Hirogen have we seen (did we see many more of the original über-Hirogen's crew)?

If that is the case, than we can say "Alpha-Hirogen" wipes the floor with any Klingon (yes, even you, Worf) but against a normal sized Hirogen Worf may deliver his usual ass-kicking, if perhaps with a bit more effort than *usual*. :)
"If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wonderous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross... but it's not for the timid." Q, Q Who
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

Makes me wonder about Hirogen vs Jem'Hadar. :)
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
Captain Picard's Hair
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Tsukiyumi wrote:Makes me wonder about Hirogen vs Jem'Hadar. :)
I must admit, the thought did occur to me as I wrote my last reply (to wit: recalling how Worf wipes the floor with *most* of the latter :wink: )
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

Captain Picard's Hair wrote:
Tsukiyumi wrote:Makes me wonder about Hirogen vs Jem'Hadar. :)
I must admit, the thought did occur to me as I wrote my last reply (to wit: recalling how Worf wipes the floor with *most* of the latter :wink: )
Exactly what I was thinking. :lol:
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
SomosFuga
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by SomosFuga »

Well, the JemHadar present a similar problem, they were never as impresive as the first time we saw them; not physically nor technologically.
Trata las situaciones estresantes como lo haría 1 perro: si no puedes comértelo o jugar con ello, méate encima y lárgate!!!

Handle stressful situations as a dog would: if you can't eat it or play with it, pee on it and get out of there!!!
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

OOU, they can't be. If they were, there would be no drama in any further encounters - the Jemmies/Hirogen would utterly curbstomp our heroes if they were truly as bada** as originally shown.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

Jemmies weren't depicted as super bad-ass in their first appearance; Sisko clobbered one during the escape, and Quark shot him, IIRC.
SomosFuga
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by SomosFuga »

Tsukiyumi wrote:Jemmies weren't depicted as super bad-ass in their first appearance; Sisko clobbered one during the escape, and Quark shot him, IIRC.
True but they blow up the Odyssey, a GCS, the best SF had at that point, they were able to fire and transport through fed shields and they can make themselfs invisible.

Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

SomosFuga wrote:
Tsukiyumi wrote:Jemmies weren't depicted as super bad-ass in their first appearance; Sisko clobbered one during the escape, and Quark shot him, IIRC.
True but they blow up the Odyssey, a GCS, the best SF had at that point, they were able to fire and transport through fed shields and they can make themselfs invisible.
All true. I thought we were discussing their physical capabilities, though.