YOUR Earth Starfleet (or United Earth Space Command)

Enterprise
Lt. Staplic
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral
Commendations: Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Re: YOUR Earth Starfleet (or United Earth Space Command)

Post by Lt. Staplic »

a photon torpedo basically is an anti-matter missile...
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.
SuperSaiyaMan12
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by SuperSaiyaMan12 »

McAvoy wrote:I am not entirely sure that I would make a Earth Starfleet big yet. Yeah, I would make a bigger fleet presence in the Sol System and show more freighters and transports going around dilivering supplies.

I would keep the Intrepid type and whatever that arrow shaped ship is. Maybe make something bigger and bulky as the earlier cruiser/explorer counterpart to the NX class. Probably maybe the size of the Constitution class and there are only a handful of them at best do like Warp 2.5.

The Daedalus would be a new ship, a Warp 5 ship introduced in Season 4 or 5. Probably do a episode centered around the USS Daedalus, more or less.

There would be fightersand shuttle carriers as well. Simply because this is right around when the transporters are being installed but not yet efficient. So these ships would still be around. The fighters would act as planetary defenses, since weapons and their targeting is not yet perfected.

There would be no such thing as a photonic torpedo as well. Maybe a antimatter missile that would show some sort of progression to the photon torpedo.
Uh the Daedelus-class should have a Warp 7 engine, while the NX-class, if you recall, is the first Warp 5 ship class.
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

Do we have any canon information that the Daedalus is warp-7? Personally, I would peg the Daedalus at around 5.5 to warp 6.
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Captain Seafort »

There's no reason why it couldn't be Warp 5. There's far more to a good starship than how fast it goes. Indeed, there's nothing canon to say Daedalus was considered anything special.
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

Good point. Considering 100 years later the Connie could only manage warp 7, I think thats pretty high for the Daedalus. I'd have to peg 6 at a absolute maximum but 5.5 being more comfy.
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

Lt. Staplic wrote:a photon torpedo basically is an anti-matter missile...
I know. I was trying to think of something instead of photonic torpedo. It could be just that, antimatter. It explodes when it impacts something like matter. Maybe not as efficient with ships with shields. Just an idea.

Warp 7 Ship came from that abomination that I will not speak of. Never said anything about the "The Daedalus class is the new Warp 7 ship." I am still aiming for Warp 5 as the maximum Earth ships can go. The Daedalus would represent strides in propulsion to achieve Warp 5.
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

Thermonuclear warheads for torpedoes. If Warp 5 engines are the latest and greatest, the contemporary usage of antimatter shouldn't be advanced enough to pack it into a missile.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
SuperSaiyaMan12
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

McAvoy wrote:Warp 7 Ship came from that abomination that I will not speak of. Never said anything about the "The Daedalus class is the new Warp 7 ship." I am still aiming for Warp 5 as the maximum Earth ships can go. The Daedalus would represent strides in propulsion to achieve Warp 5.
The problem with that is that I specified that the NX-class HAS to be used, which is canonically (in both Star Trek canon and this) the first Warp 5 ship class, McAvoy. Not only that, using Graham's stuff, the Daedalus-class is the new Warp 7 ship built to fight the Romulans.

You can't ignore this fact.
SuperSaiyaMan12
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Reliant121 wrote:Good point. Considering 100 years later the Connie could only manage warp 7, I think thats pretty high for the Daedalus. I'd have to peg 6 at a absolute maximum but 5.5 being more comfy.
Wasn't Warp 9 the maximum for the Connie?
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

I don't think so. Maybe for the TMP refit, but even then I'm not sure that the top end was ever stated.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
SuperSaiyaMan12
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Mikey wrote:I don't think so. Maybe for the TMP refit, but even then I'm not sure that the top end was ever stated.
In the Enterprise Incident, they went Warp 9 and Warp 10.
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

SuperSaiyaMan12 wrote:
McAvoy wrote:Warp 7 Ship came from that abomination that I will not speak of. Never said anything about the "The Daedalus class is the new Warp 7 ship." I am still aiming for Warp 5 as the maximum Earth ships can go. The Daedalus would represent strides in propulsion to achieve Warp 5.
The problem with that is that I specified that the NX-class HAS to be used, which is canonically (in both Star Trek canon and this) the first Warp 5 ship class, McAvoy. Not only that, using Graham's stuff, the Daedalus-class is the new Warp 7 ship built to fight the Romulans.

You can really easily ignore Grahams "fact" about the Daedalus since it is just made up.
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
Lt. Staplic
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral
Commendations: Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Post by Lt. Staplic »

McAvoy wrote:
Lt. Staplic wrote:a photon torpedo basically is an anti-matter missile...
I know. I was trying to think of something instead of photonic torpedo. It could be just that, antimatter. It explodes when it impacts something like matter. Maybe not as efficient with ships with shields. Just an idea.
Ah, so kind of like the Romulan Plasma torpedo's gotcha.
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.
steamrunner
Lieutenant jg
Lieutenant jg

Post by steamrunner »

I just don't see a myriad of different designs in this time period, except maybe for freighters. I would think more classes would emerge after the UFP is formed, utilizing resources and designs from member worlds. Although, it does seem UFP Starfleet in general uses the same basic configuration of UE Starfleet vessels...
"If? If my aunt had balls, she'd be my uncle..."
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

SuperSaiyaMan12 wrote:
The problem with that is that I specified that the NX-class HAS to be used, which is canonically (in both Star Trek canon and this) the first Warp 5 ship class, McAvoy.
You specified the NX has to be used. You didn't specify that we had to use the same backstory for it.
Not only that, using Graham's stuff, the Daedalus-class is the new Warp 7 ship built to fight the Romulans.

Graham's stuff is just pure speculation.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"