"Admiral" Janeway's worst screw-up?

Voyager
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

"Admiral" Janeway's worst screw-up?

Post by Sionnach Glic »

I think its safe to say that even Janeways greatest fans would be forced to admit she made a few mistakes.
The rest of us would mostly consider nearly every second thing she did to be some collosoll screw-up. So, which was her worst?
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Thorin
Captain
Captain

Post by Thorin »

Destroying the Caretaker's Array and allowing a season 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 and 7.
DarkOmen
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by DarkOmen »

Thorin wrote:Destroying the Caretaker's Array and allowing a season 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 and 7.
QFT
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

:lol:

Personally I'd say helping the borg avoid extinction from Species 8472. Thus allowing the biggest threat to the safety of the Federation to survive.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Teaos »

8472 wanted to purge our Galaxy of life. At least we had a chance of fighting the Borg. Against 8472 we had no chance.

I'd say going through Swarm space. No need to and rather stupid risk.
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
Monroe
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Monroe »

Teaos wrote:8472 wanted to purge our Galaxy of life. At least we had a chance of fighting the Borg. Against 8472 we had no chance.

I'd say going through Swarm space. No need to and rather stupid risk.
Every other captain though knows to not trust an entire species by the behavior of one.
I loved Voyager but Janeway was an idiot a lot of the times.
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

Didn't one of them say 8472 had already attacked several innocent species?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

:?
When? I don't recall them ever saying that.

I was under the impresion the borg tried to take out 8472, but had the war turn against them. Then Voyager shows up and Janeway decides to help the borg, of all people, to defeat the only race capable of beating them. 8472 mistook this for an official UFP action and saw it as an act of war (especially considering how Voyager took out several ships).
Blackstar the Chakat
Banned

Post by Blackstar the Chakat »

The alliance with the Borg. The only bright side was getting Seven of Nine, whose unique experience and/or Borg enhanced abilities have saved Voyager and her crew several times.
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Graham Kennedy »

Hard to say what screw up had the biggest ramifications, since such things are not easy to extrapolate. Past a certain point you just can't say that X happened because of Y.

To me, her greatest screw up was the thing she did that was most clearly and obviously wrong. And I'd go with her murder of Tuvix.
Give a man a fire, and you keep him warm for a day. SET a man on fire, and you will keep him warm for the rest of his life...
Thorin
Captain
Captain

Post by Thorin »

Not her screw up, but the fact that she got promoted to Admiral for doing bugger all really gets me. She is the least qualified Admiral ever. Hell, I never even watch DS9 and Sisko is doubtlessly a better person to get an admiralty spot (Picard turned his down, he didn't even want one).
Just shows they hand out admirals like sweeties.
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

I think she was made Admiral so she could do the new relations with the friendly species in the Delta Quadrant.

Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Er, and how would they get to these friendly species within Janeways lifetime?
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

Voyager had information on about 3 different types of transwarp engines. I'm sure Starfleet can use that information with in a decade.

Also they may just want to set up comunications and information exchange.

Blackstar the Chakat
Banned

Post by Blackstar the Chakat »

Rochey wrote:Er, and how would they get to these friendly species within Janeways lifetime?
Well Voyager may not have ever gotten a faster-then-warp engine to work reliably but since Starfleet has more resources they could develop a new drive. They also had that once-a-month transmission thing working reliably and that face-to-face communication that they had in season 7.