Dominion ship building

Deep Space Nine
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Re: Dominion ship building

Post by Reliant121 »

The Dominion have shown themselves incredibly capable of producing ships at a great rate. In truth, we know nothing of where the material comes from. Maybe the Dominion is capable of synthesising more basic alloys than the Federation or AQ powers are? Maybe they are far more efficient at extracting more materials than the Cardassian's are. The territory they gained for the CU/DM alliance would certainly have helped, as the CU only expanded for more resources which Cardassia itself lacked.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

Even a fixed infusion of resources would provide a much-needed "jump start," or start-up funds to improve/expand CU production facilities.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Captain Picard's Hair
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Captain Picard's Hair »

Mikey wrote:Even a fixed infusion of resources would provide a much-needed "jump start," or start-up funds to improve/expand CU production facilities.
I do grant this, but if the Allies were able to stand their ground and prolong the war, should we not have seen an erosion of these limited resources? That I think is the main thrust of my post.
"If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wonderous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross... but it's not for the timid." Q, Q Who
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Perhaps the war simply didn't last long enough for such a drain to show?
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

Absolutely, and I don't think we saw anything to specifically contradict that idea. But it would account for the increase over the expected baseline capability.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Captain Picard's Hair
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Captain Picard's Hair »

Aye, I guess the war didn't really last that long once it got into gear (much of the arc was just a long lead-up) never mind the political intrigue and some plain weirdness regarding how it ended. it may have added a degree of realism to have this show (perhaps if the actual war took up more of the series) but then again, this was a somewhat surreal war all around. :lol:

Guess that's settled, then. 'Twas just a thought that occurred to me.
"If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wonderous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross... but it's not for the timid." Q, Q Who